Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari ~Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
In many other series the downfall is completely on the villainess alone so the moment they got reborn/reverse time, they can just simple change their fate by not do the thing the previous life did but the MC usually too stupid to figure that out.
But in Mia's case, because of the the cause was made by a 3rd-party like this, thing can still go on without problem

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I somehow imagined the Diamond Unit to be more... massive. Kinda disappointed they look rather normal sized but with impressive armour. I hope that Captain that'll come with Abel be a massive man, cause Mia took a liking to him as soon as she laid eyes on him.

did Sion from original timeline know about this organization right in his country? I want him to know and suffer the truth that he's the real villain all along.

anw, thanks for the chapter, things are becoming so interesting!!
The manga didn't explain here (maybe in a future chapter they will) but the White Crows are a smaller group within the Wind Crows. The Wind Crows being an espionage organization Sunkland sent everywhere. Sion knows of the Wind Crows, they're supposed to be just to spy and information gathering. Unfortunately a certain snake-like organization infiltrated the Wind Crows and a squad of powerful members within it decided the Crows shouldn't just gather information but also manipulate events in the country they're spying on hence the White Crows. Monica's letter to Keithwood reveals the existence of White Crows to the gang and Mia realized they were also responsible for Tearmoon's previous timeline's demise

Dex-chan lover
Best way to deal with supremely competent ppl is to send your dumbass wildcard :wooow:
They will never see it coming.

Double-page supporter
What astonishingly cruel and clever 4th generational warfare tactics. I wonder if there's a reason Sunkland developed those ahead of anyone else?
It's reasonable that a government that seeks to stamp out corruption needs a powerful intelligence organization to find and eliminate corruption. And it's not unreasonable for that organization to spread to neighboring countries to identify any nobles with links to foreign interests. They then move on to gathering all kinds of information, and eventually reach the point of manipulating the other countries for their benefit.

The problem with intelligence agencies is, who watches them?

Dex-chan lover
did Sion from original timeline know about this organization right in his country? I want him to know and suffer the truth that he's the real villain all along.

anw, thanks for the chapter, things are becoming so interesting!!
As mentioned by others, while Sion never found out about the Wind Crows been pulling strings behind the scenes, he still ended up suffering for the rest of his life.

Due to Ludwig of OG timeline insisting Mia should be spared from execution, even willing to risk his career to convince Sion. In the end, Sion still had Mia executed, but it planted a seed of doubt in Sion: did he do the right thing? He knew about Ludwig's brilliance and effort in saving the empire, so he started to wonder if Mia could have been redeemed.

Ever since then, every time he encountered similar cases (which he suspiciously encountered a lot of those), he would remember Mia and wondered if he have made the correct judgement. He would be stuck in a cycle of moral dilemma, either he make the same judgement as he did with Mia, potentially killing an innocent or redeemable person, or he make a different judgement, but that would be admitting he was wrong about Mia and every cases that came after. Ultimately he didn't have the resolve to face reality and keep dishing out the same judgement. He would ended up dying alone in his bed, asking the same question: was he right?

If I recall correctly:

There's a brief chapter in the timeline where Mia dies. Pretty much EVERYONE around Sion dies, likely at the hands of the organization. He never finds out about the organization, and he spends his last days pondering over whether he had made the right decisions early on.
I think it's from the same short chapter, Keithwood and Sion's own younger brother were executed under his order for planning a rebellion. Yes, even Keithwood thought Sion went too far.

Dex-chan lover
Woohoo it's finally back!

btw, @EpicMatt, what's the term being tranlsated as "outland count" for rudolvon's title? I think margrave/marquess might actually be more accurate.

Group Leader
Woohoo it's finally back!

btw, @EpicMatt, what's the term being tranlsated as "outland count" for rudolvon's title? I think margrave/marquess might actually be more accurate.
it is not. There's a whole lore stuff with the his title in the LN (also using this since it's what his title is in J-Novel Club's translations of the LN).

During Tearmoon's growth and taking over territories, they would give an according noble status to people in specific regions that already ruled these places. For Tiona's father's case, he would be of the rank of Count. This annoyed the central nobles, wondering why someone not originally from the Empire and also being so far from the capital would have a similar rank to them.

This resulted in the creation of the Outland Count title. To keep the deal with the local lords (calling them lords doesn't feel right, but just going to use it to get the point across) of the newly joined regions of the Empire, and to also make the central nobles happy, they added Outland to the front of the title. Outland meaning they are, well, in the outer regions of the Tearmoon Empire.

Since then, the title has kind of gained another and derogatory version, Outcount. It's used by the central noble to basically insult the outer region ones, basically saying they aren't true nobles.

Dex-chan lover
it is not. There's a whole lore stuff with the his title in the LN (also using this since it's what his title is in J-Novel Club's translations of the LN).

I feel like they talked about all this in the manga a long while ago, back when it first came up as a title. But thank you for the reminder, always good to get a refresher on old information.

Group Leader
I feel like they talked about all this in the manga a long while ago, back when it first came up as a title. But thank you for the reminder, always good to get a refresher on old information.
they probably did, I just know that in later parts of the LN, a similar sort of thing occurs

Dex-chan lover
So Tia gets beheaded for the suffering of her people, despite actually not being behind it at all, but the very person who's kingdom was actually behind it, and whilst said kingdom jerks themselves off about how righteous they are. How obnoxious, Sion defo deserved to be miserable in that timeline. :bleh:

Dex-chan lover
In many other series the downfall is completely on the villainess alone so the moment they got reborn/reverse time, they can just simple change their fate by not do the thing the previous life did but the MC usually too stupid to figure that out.
But in Mia's case, because of the the cause was made by a 3rd-party like this, thing can still go on without problem
Isn't it more often being caused by third party in stories like this, which is why when the villainess become good, shit still happened? I thought this seems kinda cliche even, because it's established that the king seems to spoil her too much instead of actually taking care of his kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it more often being caused by third party in stories like this, which is why when the villainess become good, shit still happened? I thought this seems kinda cliche even, because it's established that the king seems to spoil her too much instead of actually taking care of his kingdom.
It should be explained in future chapters when Mia goes and somehow gets more allies but Tearmoon operates less like an absolute monarchy and more like what England was after Magna Carta. The King while having a big say in the working of the Empire, is also basically curbed by the 4 big Nobles houses whom were also part of Tearmoon's conception and each held a big role in major parts of Tearmoon's governance. This is partly why in the previous timeline all of Mia's effort came to nothing cause the 4 houses either was actively against her effort or was just standing by watching the empire fall. Mia's dad is mentioned as being loved by the people despite his bumbling spoiling of Mia. It's just... a lot of effort and factors were made so that Tearmoon's demise became a certainty.

Group Leader
Mia's dad is mentioned as being loved by the people despite his bumbling spoiling of Mia. It's just... a lot of effort and factors were made so that Tearmoon's demise became a certainty.
exactly this, he isn't a bad ruler at all, it's just there was a lot that happened later on that caused people to hate him, the whole false accusations against him with Tiona's father didn't help much. Also helps his image when you learn why he spoils Mia so much, he's trying to give as much love to her from both himself and for her mother that passed away, basically trying to give two people's worth of love and attention to his daughter, even if ends up being a bit crazy to everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread