Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 7 - Precious Things

Dex-chan lover
bro if you don't like them just don't read them. it is very easy to imagine many scenarios where extra notes are correct, informative, helpful, interesting, etc.
I agree fasontales was unnecessarily rude, but this is a valid point. Extra notes disrupt the reading flow and should be avoided.

If you're going to add an extra note, the disruption should at least be worth it (i.e. "correct, informative, helpful, interesting, etc."). A dictionary definition of a common English word in an English translation is not. If you're one of those people who don't know a word, you can either keep reading and imagine what the word may mean, or you can search for the dictionary definition yourself. There's literally no need for an extra note.

As for "just don't read them", unfortunately, you can't tell if an extra note is going to be useful until after you read them. And if you get used to not reading them because they're superfluous, you'll miss out when they actually become useful, defeating the point of including them in the first place.

TL;DR extra notes should be used as little as possible, and as much as necessary. This wasn't necessary at all.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, none of this is active and just poorly conveyed information that you'd have by this point in the story.

Serious spoilers follow, please be aware.
Caroline is killed by our protagonist. As a reminder, Faust has killed many bandits and a very important person in the past (this is not new information, though the expanded importance of them will be). If you want a bit farther out about the details surrounding it, I can, but most of this arc going forward is focused on it.
Well... Thank you for the info bro!

Dex-chan lover
While there are real issues with the clarity of the translation (especially regarding the subject of certain lines) one extra definition is such a dumb thing to complain about, I had to go back double check what extra note people were talking about because I subconsciously skipped it because I knew the definition.

I found the note neither distracting nor helpful and it is such a silly thing for people to fixate on.

Thanks for the TL !

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is what's happening here is that the villagers blamed Caroline for all the deaths and kidnapping when in reality it was her sister? So now she is trying to cross the border so she doesn't get prosecuted for a crime she didn't commit

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is what's happening here is that the villagers blamed Caroline for all the deaths and kidnapping when in reality it was her sister? So now she is trying to cross the border so she doesn't get prosecuted for a crime she didn't commit
She did raided the village, because she needed some tribute to offer to the enemy country to safeguard her troops, that as explained before they are like family to her

Dex-chan lover
TL;DR extra notes should be used as little as possible, and as much as necessary. This wasn't necessary at all.
I mean you are right but it just feels like nitpicking. It's not like this is a professional work and you lose like 10 seconds max reading a "pointless" note. It saves the few who don't know what a word means having to google it so I think even the sillier notes have their uses

Did I read a different chapter than everyone else? The translation is near perfect.

Dex-chan lover
The real chapter is in the comments, pity i probably will forget all that by the moment the next chapter drops 5 months from now

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
somebody with bad english should not be making english translations
The issue isn't on whether or not you find the translations ill written (I totally agree). No, the issue is with you needlessly being rude. Being an *ss achieves nothing.

Its fine to point out flaws. But don't dog on someone for doing something you cant/wont do.

Hey. Sometimes people pick up small projects like this to practice translating/scanning. They get practice and the series gets recognition. This continues till it gets picked up by a group or they improve.

Constructive criticism drives improvement. Needless insults discourage effort.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Took me a while to think about it because I had to go back and reread but it seems like Caroline is good at war but shit at politics like Ned Stark in GoT. The village she raided probably has some connection to her other than it was on the way to Vilendorf.

Also when defining a word don't use the word in the definition.
aaaand it doesn't matter who she was because she's getting killed. The only thing that matters is that they sent her to kill bandits so she looked shitty, but the bandits were/joined up with the armed uprising they were going to send the main military force to deal with.
but what do numbers matter when you have AU golden age guts

Users who are viewing this thread