Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Group Leader
The Duck's whereabout... どこだ!?
81.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm about to enter a flame war of massive proportions over anime girls doing Stock trading and it is hilarious. This is where my life has led me.

It makes me both laugh and sad.

Group Leader
Tekken 5 (on PS2)'s AI in Arcade Mode. This game is awesome but Arcade Mode can really make you want to set the game on fire sometimes. Prop to the me 15 years ago for making it to the last rank, because I sure as hell don't want to bother with it right now. DR on PSP was even worse, as I recall, lol.

I decided to just start Tekken 7 for now. Haven't played it yet and can't wait to see how its story is.

Group Leader
So I started playing the story mode of Tekken 7 today. And it wasn't very good...

At some point, I felt like I was playing a fighting game that isn't Tekken, with Tekken characters modded in. The fight with Claudio and Heihachi were the worst moments I've had so far. These guys felt like Azazel 2.0 the way they tank your attacks, then counter you. At least I can use Heihachi well enough, but Akuma was a big pain. Why the hell is a Street Fighter character in a Tekken game, anyway? Leave these characters for spinoff games.

Cherry on top is the rage arts. I didn't like them when I first saw them in the trailer many years ago. And I detest them now that I play the game myself. Character designs are great. Incredible and pleasant to look at. But gameplay wise, I just don't find this game enjoyable as the previous games. At least that's the way I feel so far, after playing 9 chapters of the story mode and some arcade battles. It might get better, or maybe not. But I gotta clear my backlog, anyway.

Group Leader
I was getting gas at Costco last night. A guy asked me if he can use my membership card since he forgot his. He still paid for the gas with his credit card, I only slid in the member card. I wasn't sure if that was okay to do, but I would feel bad turning him down, too. Kinda worried about scam and something like that. Hope this won't cause me problem...

Dex-chan lover
I started playing Star Ocean 6 and I'm already feeling overwhelmed. Am I really going to be able to play an 80ish hour game. The last time I really sunk time into one was with Dragon Quest XI which I played for 127 hours. Something I can't believe I did.

Group Leader
I started playing Star Ocean 6 and I'm already feeling overwhelmed. Am I really going to be able to play an 80ish hour game. The last time I really sunk time into one was with Dragon Quest XI which I played for 127 hours. Something I can't believe I did.
Most big-budget JRPGs last that long. I always spent more than 120 hours on Tales games. God Eater 2 and Freedom Wars took a lot of my time, too. I don't remember how long Persona 3 and 4 took me, but probably more than 50 hours for sure.

Dex-chan lover
Most big-budget JRPGs last that long. I always spent more than 120 hours on Tales games. God Eater 2 and Freedom Wars took a lot of my time, too. I don't remember how long Persona 3 and 4 took me, but probably more than 50 hours for sure.
I love the Tales series. That, Star Ocean, and Dragon Quest are my favorites. Shin Megami's ok too, but I'm not crazy about it.

What's your top Tales game?

Group Leader
I love the Tales series. That, Star Ocean, and Dragon Quest are my favorites. Shin Megami's ok too, but I'm not crazy about it.

Never played a Star Ocean game. Would love to if I have time. Loved the Dragon Quest manga (Dai, Roto) that I read when I was a kid, but have yet to finish a game. I remember playing a DQ game on DS once, but got bored of it. Atelier games seem interesting, too.
022.gif

I would recommend Xillia and Graces f to everyone. Those two are the best in the franchise to me.

Berseria is a good game, too, but too often, battles become stun heaven and it gets tiring quick. Micromanaging inventory in Berseria and Zestiria is also a pain.
I hated Symphonia because it aged very poorly, and I played it in 2014 (wow...). Have yet to play Vesperia, so I can't comment on that one.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective @EOTFOFYL

For me, Berseria has the best story and characters, Xillia has the best battle system, and Vesperia is the best overall.

Also, Star Ocean 4 is the best one to try first, if you want to get into the series, in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Abyss, but I've only played a handful in the franchise. It cracks me up that they are one of the bare few RPGs with local multiplayer on consoles, yet they actually kind of work and are fun to beat together. I appreciate them a lot for that.

Users who are viewing this thread