Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Dex-chan lover
Update, I've returned. As usual, there's this overwhelming sense of dread around me, looming. Future and whatnot, the usual. But, oddly enough... I think I'll be okay, I've started work on a story recently, a re-invention of an older story I abandoned after six years of work. And I like it, it's darkly intricate, still needs a lot of work, but... It's got that creative fire burning.
I've set a challenge, since my larger story is split into blocks, the next three are strongly connected, as they're three concurrent perspectives. I don't think i'll get it done before the year ends, but now I don't want to, but I don't want to approach it like three blocks either. it'll be one in the end, and should run the course it deserves, no matter how big it is.
Of course, the reason I'm writing something else is to be expected, I've spent a whole year working on my primary story with no breaks. I used to work on multiple, to let my mind play around with ideas. So, this new re-invention is... A freaking relief! I'm serious. Last Month I finished work on the Third Block of the primary story, the longest Block thus far, since the previous two took a week or so, this one almost took a month. I got sick in the middle, as obvious which slowed things, and my mind was an utter mess. So when I finished it, I didn't feel... that satisfaction.
There's this satisfaction when I finish a story, a chapter, after hours of brainstorming and writing and whatnot. I can tell you, I am so exhausted by the end, but as I almost pass out on the couch, there's no better feeling.
That's what I feel with this new one, after just a few pages. A relief, a... satisfaction, a happiness robbed from me by just... life!
I've been scared for a long time, about where things are going. But, there's opportunities appearing, and... this story, this re-invention... It's precisely what I needed.
Now I just gotta get my Martial Arts Story off the ground, I want to make that one so bad! As Obvious I'm a big Baki and Garouden Fan! I've got this idea that I've been trying over and over. I just gotta get this arc on this new story done. And it's great because I feel it unraveling, I don't know it wholly, but it's surprising me! And I'm writing it!
Sorry, not particularly an appropriate post here, for "what's bothering me", don't worry. I'll be back here in a few months, balling my eyes out in terror. But, I hope, not for a long while.

Group Leader
welcome to the club to be fair that was tame compared to lvl of mental gymnastics i have to go through to understand what the other two are refering too when they tag me

exhibit A
pGuk44x.png

you tell me if this makes sense plz i have to go read the whole series just to have a clue about what my boy is referring too
images

Contributor
Among all the "cool" kids jargon, useless words like: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Skibidi
Even though classic English authors have plenty funny words and expressions nowadays in disuse, they need to make up meanings and words to think they're important. Once I quit a scanlation group that only talked gibberish and seemed like they were competing to see how many acronyms one could fit in a single sentence. And I am from the SMS era when you had to shorten them or go broke.

Dex-chan lover
apparently one of the servers I joined (was only there to post edgy memes and for laughts), was tagged as containing violent extremism :02: (white boy summer got a little too silly), so now my account's got locked features till tomorrow.

on second thoughts, maybe joining "white heaven" and staying there despite the lack of moderation and people often using slurs, might not have been the best of ideas. (they didn't even have any good memes eitheir :meguuusad:)
kinda uncalled for imo considering I've never said the n word nor any of those words that are probably on some sort of auto-filters to get on these kinda lists.

tldr: joined a goofy server, I am now a registered terrorist planning his next jihad, AMA

Dex-chan lover
apparently one of the servers I joined (was only there to post edgy memes and for laughts), was tagged as containing violent extremism :02: (white boy summer got a little too silly), so now my account's got locked features till tomorrow.

on second thoughts, maybe joining "white heaven" and staying there despite the lack of moderation and people often using slurs, might not have been the best of ideas. (they didn't even have any good memes eitheir :meguuusad:)
kinda uncalled for imo considering I've never said the n word nor any of those words that are probably on some sort of auto-filters to get on these kinda lists.

tldr: joined a goofy server, I am now a registered terrorist planning his next jihad, AMA
...maybe don't join those types of groups in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread