Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Group Leader
Of course, the time Mangadex didn't have forum made a lot of people find another nest. But I think the year this got more activity was on 2020 (the reason is obvious, though Mangadex was still young and a good amount of people still frequented several servers), by that time Plykiya interviewed people.
tbh, m8. I learned something, be like gfg gang. Talk shitpost on every manga especially popular one. Because most of the fun was on the comment, even more fun if you derail it and make it into politics. Trust me its the only way. I learned this because of the official thread. @sterven @bigtiddyoneesan are a good puppeter. Especially Tamerlane the most comments on mangodex ever.

Group Leader
There are two websites at best where I feel I can discuss manga in-depth. And Mangadex isn't even one of them, despite the fact most people here seem to read a pretty wide range of titles.

I just figured everybody ran off to private chatrooms to talk about them, but from what you guys are saying even those sound dead.
tbh, frfr no cap pantsman, yotsuba'sdad Ican relate no cap.

Seriously though, Most of the active member on forum are still here, but they only post on mangoes, since its more fun to talk about it on the mangoes chapter instead in this general/lounge. And forums has become seperate site from the mangoesdex.

Also, I still remember you pantsman on the kickstarter for Little Witch Academia.

Group Leader
Which we need to combat, because I am old, and I don't want my carrots touching my meatloaf, nor my OT conversations happening in the chapter threads. :haa:
Its becoming my peeves, i cannot argue with people about how Aqua is overrated and Eris is the only one.

its happening because i cant see the motification unless i opened the forum site.

Dex-chan lover
wallet is gunna take a hit :aquadrink:
Eh. It didn't start a fire in my office, which was the primary concern, and I can always just take whatever needs shredded out and throw it in the grill as firestarter instead - I think I can manage.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe a certain tournament in the summer about a certain subject could possibly make the forums lively?
26.gif

But honestly, compared to last year, I think it's pretty active already.
giphy.gif

its been a while since the last one lol gotta get my lists ready for it

Dex-chan lover
All this talk about the old days is making nostalgic I still remember my first pfp ban like it was just yesterday or the fact that we made the devs actually hurry up with something with the rick roll spoilers (ive never seen them do something so fast as getting rid of that) that shit was peak entertainment :kek: .

Contributor
tbh, m8. I learned something, be like gfg gang. Talk shitpost on every manga especially popular one. Because most of the fun was on the comment, even more fun if you derail it and make it into politics. Trust me its the only way. I learned this because of the official thread. @sterven @bigtiddyoneesan are a good puppeter. Especially Tamerlane the most comments on mangodex ever.
Well, if you find the fun shitposting then go ahead, I prefer commenting when I feel like it (I just have time to kill nowadays). You should instead prostrate before me as the only god and use long words to venerate me. You cannot derail into politics if you have a supreme leader like myself. Now send me your bank account info so I can buy more stonks.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if you find the fun shitposting then go ahead, I prefer commenting when I feel like it (I just have time to kill nowadays). You should instead prostrate before me as the only god and use long words to venerate me. You cannot derail into politics if you have a supreme leader like myself. Now send me your bank account info so I can buy more stonks.
lol go tell that to that one guy that got scammed :kek:

Dex-chan lover
erm actually bro the biggest commenter is mr unicorn himself

his method of operation was simple and effective: leave a comment on every single chapter you read. because of this, his touch is unavoidable. you will see the unicorn whether you want to or not. even when mangadex and its comment shut down, he alone will have his comments preserved, as proof that he and he alone existed at this place in this moment.

i used to do the same thing, but now not so much. "The fool speaks. The wise man listens." this is wisdom the great @Tamerlane bestowed on me before he left on a journey to become the greatest bronze statue of all time. and those words hold true today as they did 4000 years ago in his time.

Contributor
"The fool speaks. The wise man listens." this is wisdom the great X bestowed on me before he left on a journey to become the greatest bronze statue of all time. and those words hold true today as they did 4000 years ago in his time.
It appears in more than one tradition. I'd add Plato's "low people talk about others. Average people talk about facts. The highest ones talk about ideas".

Dex-chan lover
Phone company had a water main break in their main office downtown, which knocked out internet in most of the state (including the 5G on cell towers). Bring back Ma Bell.
Strange coincidence, or epidemy? One month prior, there has been a main water break in the building where I live, as well. It happened on top floor, but my apartment, located 4 stories below, has been partly flooded.
Trust me, waking up and finding your home has turned into a Titanic 3rd class cabin during the night isn't exactly the best way to start a day... :fml:

Casualties: 47 items of my comic books personal collection have been soaked and are totally unsalvageable. :qq:

I'm currently still struggling with the paperwork between my insurance and a landlord who barely gives a fuck. Guess I can mentally prepare myself to live in a crib under siege for several more months...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Strange coincidence, or epidemy? One month prior, there has been a main water break in the building where I live, as well. It happened on top floor, but my apartment, located 4 stories below, has been partly flooded.
Trust me, waking up and finding your home has turned into a Titanic 3rd class cabin during the night isn't exactly the best way to start a day... :fml:

Casualties: 47 items of my comic books personal collection have been soaked and are totally unsalvageable. :qq:

I'm currently still struggling with the paperwork between my insurance and a landlord who barely gives a fuck. Guess I can mentally prepare myself to live in a crib under siege for several more months...
Oh my god!! As a collector (of a lot of things), that would be like my worst nightmare. I've actually been meaning to look into something called collector's insurance which I just heard about. Still though, I'd prefer my things over the insurance money.

Dex-chan lover
Still though, I'd prefer my things over the insurance money.
Yeah, me too. Insurance money won't cover the hassle of having to find back every book I lost... provided they're still available somewhere on the market, to begin with.:haa:

Dex-chan lover
damn that sucks, luckuly for me I live in an area where I'm unlikely to see any kind of flooding and I collect transformers, so I'm pretty "safe" unless its a fire or the current takes all of them away.
guessing you also didn't get scans of your collection before they got desyroyed as well ?

Dex-chan lover
I've actually been meaning to look into something called collector's insurance which I just heard about.
Yeah, it comes as a nasty surprise to some folks when they find out that their standard homeowner's/renter's insurance doesn't cover collections, high-end electronics, or other uncommon belongings (usually on the tail of a catastrophic loss of some kind, which is a double whammy). I probably need to have my agent write a rider for my record collection and stereos on my next renewal, even though I'm dreading what that's going to do to my premium.

Users who are viewing this thread