Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - Inazaki Robin

I still think the sister already died. Likely Robin killed her. It would explain why the bastard was so surprised when they finally meet again.

Aggregator gang
That was quite the chapter to end a binge on, damn. That being said, I can't shake the feeling that the author is doing this largely for the shock value. It could've been played out as Robin seducing Kiruko into doing it and then the latter getting an existential crisis over it after the fact. That would've been one way to get the development across without it feeling cheap and contrived.

Double-page supporter
@Plophop This isn't Ishiguro's foray into using rape and he never does things by shock value, everything he writes has meaning to it and he plans his stories well into advance if you've read his other series. It's easy to yell rape but he has often a knack for misdirecting readers. Also, you should remember that this whole chapter was also a masterful technique in how Robin plunged Kiruko into an identity crisis which has been appearing for a while in lapses but never to this extent.

does seem a little too sadistic too suddenly, can understand why everyones got whiplash

Double-page supporter
I knew this robin wasn’t going to be a savior, but this was absolute gut-wrenching.

@Melvin When I saw the surprisingly well-ordered and flourishing city, what I saw was a nice set of dominoes waiting to be toppled over. When the chapter ended, the set of dominoes that was the city made sense - the rape would become the catalyst for us to see how far Maru would go in order for vengeance. The kid has superhuman physicality and can in theory "easily" kill people if they have Hiruko-ness. But would Ishiguro really draw a story about a high-octane quest for vengeance, damn the consequences? But then, I never considered that Ishiguro would draw a story about a rape as demented as this. But as the chapter ended and we didn't get to see the aftermath or were given a check on Kiruko, I also considered that somehow, the rape didn't actually happen or Kiruko managed to get out, but I dismissed that as very wishful thinking. Reading your comment though...Ishiguro the mad lad IS really good at misdirection, and there would still be enough to set Maru off even without actual rape.

Double-page supporter
@Nessen He's already done a few misdirections in Tengoku Daimakyou like putting the spider monsters on one of the chapter covers before revealing that it was actually the baby who had powers. And also of course, the mind control Hiruko where Kiruko gets her arm and legs chopped off apparently but it didn't happen.

I trust Ishiguro a lot and honestly, if it turns out to be real at the end, I honestly don't mind. People should be aware that this has always been a dark setting and they have gotten A LOT of luck in escaping any real injuries thanks to their gun and Maru being right beside her at all times as early as the second chapter. Now, with both the gun and Maru not there, it shows how dangerous this world can be and the naivety of Kiruko. I love Kiruko but I think it's perfectly fine what happened in a narrative sense, it sets up the whole identity crisis thing quite perfectly and it's something Kiruko has dodged ever since we saw her kissing her own reflection in the motel chapter.

@Melvin I trust Ishiguro as well, and if it does turn out to be real at the end, I personally would still mind. But yes, something like this needed to happen to bring Kiruko's identity crisis to the fore - and resolving that yea, she's kind of a woman now. Another thing that makes me suspect the rape didn't go all the way - we didn't actually see the deed. But that could just be for the sake of tact. In other words, PUT THE NEXT CHAPTER IN THE BAG AND NOBODY GETS HURT!

Aggregator gang
oh man i thought the seed pig part was the sexual violence and that i was safe
talk about whiplash, dropped
did detach me from the characters and let me pretty much guess the big twist though, the kids are in the past and we have seen some of them, spose ill come back in a year to see if the author is that unoriginal

Dex-chan lover
that got dark ... suddenly rape ... i guess it had the sexual violence tag but ... still

Users who are viewing this thread