Tenkaichi - Nihon Saikyou Bugeisha Ketteisen - Ch. 40 - The Jewel of Martial Talent vs. the God-Slayer

Dex-chan lover
Kid is gonna win. Cuz as much as the team tries to pretend otherwise- its always fucking obvious who theyve planned to win from the start

Dex-chan lover
If the kid wins he better develop as a character like raiden did (RIP Sword God, he was a real one)

Dex-chan lover
I feel massive jobber energy from Jinsuke on page 17. The bland design, the blandly-cocky smirk. But the Energy coming off him on pages 21 and 26 (where he's meditating) makes me more optimistic about his odds. His blandness is kind of reframed as no-frills directness; the kid has a big ego that leads him to be unbalanced and rush to conclusions, while this guy just has calm mellow attentive focus on what actually matters (the current moment). I still think his initial smirk seems odd but I guess it's less an ego thing and more a natural feeling of excitement that he's not stopping from creeping onto his face.

So anyway I hope he doesn't job. I like his attitude so far but ultimately I still think his design/appearance looks jobby (like he was designed as an afterthought since he wasn't gonna stick around.)

Dex-chan lover
Jinsuke will job for sure. I don't him getting anything in semblance of a character arc.

Before you say the old grizzled veteran will job to the cute fsckboy, please don't forget how everyone was convinced Hanzo was just going to be Adams'ed by Kojiro a few matches ago.
It sure feels cool to act all jaded and tough on the Internet, but I, for one, I'm really looking forward to this match and I really can't say for sure who's gonna win.

Group Leader
Before you say the old grizzled veteran will job to the cute fsckboy, please don't forget how everyone was convinced Hanzo was just going to be Adams'ed by Kojiro a few matches ago.
It sure feels cool to act all jaded and tough on the Internet, but I, for one, I'm really looking forward to this match and I really can't say for sure who's gonna win.
I for one, I'm mainly excited to see how Kyoutarou draws Inshun reacting to Jinsuke's initial attack. Part of me also hopes Jinsuke being named, well, Jinsuke, is somehow a reference to Gamaran...If you know what I'm talking about you know what I'm talking about.

Dex-chan lover
It'd be hilarious if this fight is literally just one page's worth of actual action in the next chapter with the rest being either reactions to it and analysis by the peanut gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread