Tenohira Kaitaku Mura de Isekai Kenkokuki: Fueteku Yome-tachi to Nonbiri Mujintou Life - Vol. 8 Ch. 48

Double-page supporter
The sister is definitely going to have a trick at play. Also I have no doubts that the "saint" is like the epidemy of evil and when killed will cause all the people in the church to lose their blessing or something

I oppose that guess.
My guess is that the "saint" is actually someone knowing the truth about the religion's teachings and they keep him asleep to prevent the truth from coming out.
Maybe killing that "saint" would reveal the truth or maybe if he dies his blessing would be granted to a successor and the church would not know who it is.
It could also be that him or his blessing being freed would allow people to know the name of the god who blessed them without the ritual of the church. That would mean that the church's influence vanishes.

And then there is that suspicious empty seat among the gods known to humans.
Maybe the truth about the seat would become known if that person or his blessing can be freed.
Possibly explaining something like that the current church actually manipulated the religion and to suit the people in power instead of truly following the teachings of the gods.

Group Leader
The translation is terrible. So many stilted sentences that barely make sense. Any native english speaker should be able to notice how bad it is.
Thank you for your comment, as a solo scanlator, I go hours without sleep to provide the fans with chapters of their favorite manga. As I do not know how to speak or read Japanese, I use machine translation ( which I make sure to notify the reader of on the very first page ) which might not be the best. I also word it in my own words most of the time and spend more than 10 minutes trying to figure out text that I don’t understand so that you guys could enjoy.

Upon reading comments I am thankful to the readers. That’s the only reason I’m doing this. Because I want other people to feel entertained and happy. But sometimes there are comments like this that ruin my whole mood. Making me want to stop translating the series. As I’m doing this as a free service, I would appreciate if you could keep these comments to yourself. Because if I didn’t translate this, it would simply go untranslated. I know that some of you might not understand the translation and that’s why I’m constantly looking for translators. But it isn’t easy, the more things I have to do, the more time it will take to translate a chapter. So think about this next time you post a comment.

Double-page supporter
I go hours without sleep
I'm assuming you're referring to "staying awake for longer than you should", rather than just "being awake in between sleeps".
In which case I urge you to sleep well, and in a consistent fashion.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for your comment, as a solo scanlator, I go hours without sleep to provide the fans with chapters of their favorite manga. As I do not know how to speak or read Japanese, I use machine translation ( which I make sure to notify the reader of on the very first page ) which might not be the best. I also word it in my own words most of the time and spend more than 10 minutes trying to figure out text that I don’t understand so that you guys could enjoy.

Upon reading comments I am thankful to the readers. That’s the only reason I’m doing this. Because I want other people to feel entertained and happy. But sometimes there are comments like this that ruin my whole mood. Making me want to stop translating the series. As I’m doing this as a free service, I would appreciate if you could keep these comments to yourself. Because if I didn’t translate this, it would simply go untranslated. I know that some of you might not understand the translation and that’s why I’m constantly looking for translators. But it isn’t easy, the more things I have to do, the more time it will take to translate a chapter. So think about this next time you post a comment.
I would say, while it's true that dialogues aren't smooth, if we exclude a couple of truly problematic phrases, it's quite understandable.
Phrases that may be worth to revisit imho are:
Page 5: "Let's see.. the priest see, to be in charge " . "The priest see" doesn't have much sense in this context. Checking the raws with cotrans give better results:
ChatGPT 3.5: "Priest always give that vibe of being in charge of practical matters"
DeepL: "Priest are kind of in charge of the practial side of things"
Same backend with different OCR: "Priest always seems stuck with practical duties"
For the previous text "Are you follower of the Farley religion" , here religion maybe should be replaced by the term "doctrine", as suggested by YaoDao or DeepL backend for Cotrans.
ChatGpt suggest "Is Rosa not really into the teaching of the Farley religion?".
DeepL : "Is Rosa not really into the Farley doctrine?".

The dialogue itself is unclear, but here I blame only the source material. Imho the idea here should be that while Rosa is a (former) worker of the church and certainly a believer, Kai asked if she believed all of the doctrine, and she answered as to meaning, normal priest doesn't care too much about all the doctrinal aspect, that is the inquisition.
Note practical matters may mean 2 different things: it may means "material", as to say that normal priest are deeply materialistic, or in a sense of religious practice, for example organization of rites, lectures to be choosen, clergy lives,etc.
In a Real World example the clergy celibacy in the catholic church isn't a doctrinal matter, but it's a practical matter.

The last text on the page (in reading order) "They are all order now, but...." , all backends translate the first part as "they were all younger now". Seems to suggest that, as all people in the church are younger then her (being 500 yo), some bishops treated her as a saint for being a mysterious figure that pop up once every 2 years, and remain unchanged

Page 9 : "I'm a country on this island". Cotrans here give "I'm building a country on this island". I thinkg "building" just was forgotten during typesetting or copying the translation

Nitpick but in page 10 is written"kaedechan" without the separator -.

Page 11 "I might be able to do it time". Missing "this" before "time"
Also "I want you to heal the eyes", should be "I want you to heal her eyes".

Page 19: "Even if the books are bought in, it's usually old". The context of the speech is food. ChatGPT translated this as
"Even when the food is bought in, is mostyl cold"

PAge 22: "she si going to play a role in this guardian saint", "in this guardian saint business/stuff" would be better, or as proposed by chatGPT and DeepL ""Serve/serve her duty" in the the guardian saint room"
Page 13 Both "pacefully" and "keade" are interrupted by line break without hyphen. There are other istances of this.

Page 24: "you are the one who she", should probably be without the "who". Either "You are the one she..." or simply "You are the one..." (DeepL)
another nitpick, but page 20 "succesor" should have 2 "s" so "successor" and in page 24 "brother" is written witha space between br and the rest

I would say only the errors in page 5 and the one in page 19 actually make understading the dialogue harder, the other are minor.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The translation is terrible. So many stilted sentences that barely make sense. Any native english speaker should be able to notice how bad it is.
I can assure you, you don't need to be a native speaker to feel the pain...

Dex-chan lover
I would say, while it's true that dialogues aren't smooth, if we exclude a couple of truly problematic phrases, it's quite understandable.
Phrases that may be worth to revisit imho are:
Page 5: "Let's see.. the priest see, to be in charge " . "The priest see" doesn't have much sense in this context. Checking the raws with cotrans give better results:
ChatGPT 3.5: "Priest always give that vibe of being in charge of practical matters"
DeepL: "Priest are kind of in charge of the practial side of things"
Same backend with different OCR: "Priest always seems stuck with practical duties"
For the previous text "Are you follower of the Farley religion" , here religion maybe should be replaced by the term "doctrine", as suggested by YaoDao or DeepL backend for Cotrans.
ChatGpt suggest "Is Rosa not really into the teaching of the Farley religion?".
DeepL : "Is Rosa not really into the Farley doctrine?".

The dialogue itself is unclear, but here I blame only the source material. Imho the idea here should be that while Rosa is a (former) worker of the church and certainly a believer, Kai asked if she believed all of the doctrine, and she answered as to meaning, normal priest doesn't care too much about all the doctrinal aspect, that is the inquisition.
Note practical matters may mean 2 different things: it may means "material", as to say that normal priest are deeply materialistic, or in a sense of religious practice, for example organization of rites, lectures to be choosen, clergy lives,etc.
In a Real World example the clergy celibacy in the catholic church isn't a doctrinal matter, but it's a practical matter.

The last text on the page (in reading order) "They are all order now, but...." , all backends translate the first part as "they were all younger now". Seems to suggest that, as all people in the church are younger then her (being 500 yo), some bishops treated her as a saint for being a mysterious figure that pop up once every 2 years, and remain unchanged

Page 9 : "I'm a country on this island". Cotrans here give "I'm building a country on this island". I thinkg "building" just was forgotten during typesetting or copying the translation

Nitpick but in page 10 is written"kaedechan" without the separator -.

Page 11 "I might be able to do it time". Missing "this" before "time"
Also "I want you to heal the eyes", should be "I want you to heal her eyes".

Page 19: "Even if the books are bought in, it's usually old". The context of the speech is food. ChatGPT translated this as
"Even when the food is bought in, is mostyl cold"

PAge 22: "she si going to play a role in this guardian saint", "in this guardian saint business/stuff" would be better, or as proposed by chatGPT and DeepL ""Serve/serve her duty" in the the guardian saint room"
Page 13 Both "pacefully" and "keade" are interrupted by line break without hyphen. There are other istances of this.

Page 24: "you are the one who she", should probably be without the "who". Either "You are the one she..." or simply "You are the one..." (DeepL)
another nitpick, but page 20 "succesor" should have 2 "s" so "successor" and in page 24 "brother" is written witha space between br and the rest

I would say only the errors in page 5 and the one in page 19 actually make understading the dialogue harder, the other are minor.

If you have so much time to check those grammar and other errors, why not just helping proofreading or helping in the fandom translation or don't bother a one army volunteer work

Double-page supporter
If you have so much time to check those grammar and other errors, why not just helping proofreading or helping in the fandom translation or don't bother a one army volunteer work
First of all I don't have usually much free time, also this happened just becouse I already read a direct MTL from the raws using Cotrans. Also I did mention the backends used by the tool, to provide alternatives and ways for cross-checking an MTL.
I don't have the time to actually correct this in the chapter myself, nor I have the time to pick up that skill. I'm also dysgraphic. So even If I were to act as a proofreader, it means that I would only send these corrections directly to the scanlator, and at that point there is no difference then just writing in comments to allow the chapter to be corrected after release (without even loosing comments).

Also I would say, this comment took way less time you think of. Only 2 errors took a bit more, and only the first error took a significative time, but that is just becouse I also tryed to provide an interpretation of the dialogue beside the translation mistake. Interpretation that wasn't clear in the raws.
(BTW the scanlator reacted positively at my comment, doesn't seem he is bothered by it)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Rosa deserve the vacation vibes she's getting rn lmao 500 years of no vacation or even a fucking breather goddamn. Like lowkey there's no way a person could stay sane and could still be talked-to normally like her rn under normal circumstances.
Author really just plucked a number out of his ass and didn't really fit her personality, psychology, and sanity based on that info lmao the story doesn't rang true.

Users who are viewing this thread