Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru ~Jakushou Ryouchi o Uketsuida node, Yuushuu na Jinzai o Fuyashiteitara, Saikyou Ryouchi ni Natteta~ - Vol. 1…

Fed-Kun's army
I keep expecting people to get stronger by eating each-other because the star rating is clearly straight out of a shitty gacha game. And how is someone who nicked his purse and nearly gave wonder-lad the slip a D infantry?

@jagfanbb Well, she probably followed him from that back alley where he walked past a bunch of starving peasants before going to stuff his face, so that's an opinion informer.

sigh... looking at the cover, it seems that ARS also dresses her up like the stereotypical witch.

Dex-chan lover
This manga started as interesting but now he is too dependant on Ritsu, well he is 3 year old but his mind isnt right..

Dex-chan lover
Lol @ the last page.

MC is the kind of guy who gets offered "miracle" drugs by some guy in a hoodie in a back alley, and he'd take them on the spot without a second of hesitation.

Doesn't have anything to do with appraisal, he's literally too fucking stupid to live, and without Ritsu's help he'd be laying dead face down in a ditch somewhere. Especially for a supposed middle-aged man.

Dex-chan lover
Is the author using a bad keyword for "Bravery"?
The stat seems to be better described as "martial skill" since it explains why this Charlotte is a proficient thief despite not having any remarkable physical aptitudes and why the 24 point deficiency Ritsu had against Lord Raven freaked the MC out despite the younger opponent having equal or better ranked aptitudes across the board.

Or could it be a cultural misfire causing the translation wonkiness? Japanese Braves are regarded similarly to Western Heroes and I could see how Bravery = "the level of one's similarity to a Brave" and how it doesn't translate as cleanly as the other stats do into English.

A lot of you are trashing her for not saying yes, for a variety of reasons that are all perfectly valid, and I don't dispute them.

But I just want to point out something many of you may have missed, which is that her Ambition stat is 1. Since we have yet to see anyone that's a 0 in anything, that's literally as low as it can possibly go. She has no ambitions at all, whatsoever, if her stat card is to be believed. She has as little ambition as it is possible for a person to possess.

So I would argue that while many of you have put forward very good reasons for why it's completely retarded to just offhandedly dismiss and insult Ars like that, and those points are all valid, keep in mind, this person has no ambition at all. None. And that's probably playing a big factor here in her out-of-hand rejection.

@Trident

I would assume Bravery is a cultural disconnect, yes. As you point it out, the Japanese use Braves the same way we use Heroes. So while calling it the Bravery stat is probably an accurate translation, the "correct" translation that makes sense would probably be to call it the Heroism stat. And if you assume it's the Heroism stat, with everything that word entails, then it all makes much more sense.

Aggregator gang
just re-read the series to make sure, and while chapter 4 does have a small print bit in the recap about him having the ability to see the talent in others, there has been NOTHING in the *manga* up until the TL note at the end of this chapter actually saying MC was unable to appraise items
...well, I can't read Japanese so maybe there is in the raws? but definitely not in the translated version anyways

Group Leader
@InsaneInsomniac You're correct, the manga doesn't explicitly mention that he can only use it on humans. It's only mentioned in the WN and I'm assuming the LN. Not sure why they cut it for the adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
The stats system is killing me. I dont know if I can keep going.

Dex-chan lover
"I'd rather die"
Well, that can be arranged.

Anyway the "appraisal" skill has been so poorly explained that there is nothing to stop it from working in whatever.

Dex-chan lover
Wait... What's with this disconnect...
That's such a gap in versions between Web and Manga... No wonder the Author named the WN with the prefix [Web version] ...
This thief was actually supposed to be a slave for sale, not a rampant thief...

The WN version of her is this really lethargic doesn't want to do anything person with little to no ambition but great curiosity and missing common sense...
Like just firing off magic because someone said they wanted to see it, etc... And having a no-energy vibe around her... And she wasn't against him at all...

Users who are viewing this thread