Tensei Ouji wa Daraketai

Double-page supporter
@Ghede I have no idea what that bit is from, but it sounds hilarious, lay the sauce on meh!

Double-page supporter
I guess since the goal for the prince is to live a carefree life but that’s actually not how the story will play out. All these achievements are gonna gain him more friends and obviously enemies too....

Group Leader
I guess since the goal for the prince is to live a carefree life but that’s actually not how the story will play out.
If it actually went like that, volumes wouldn't sell. It'd be funny, though, if a billionaire sunk a couple hundred thousand into producing a ripoff manga.

"he is now on a mission to live a completely relaxing and carefree life"

Automatic drop. HAHA

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, if I was brought into a different world, I too, would prefer to be 'normal'. To be precise, I would embrace my cheat and attempt to live a 'normal relaxing carefree life.' I can also understand why most Japanese isekai stories are like this. This is because they work like hell in reality to the extent that they have high rates of death from overworking. You could say its part of their culture. If I worked that much, I would slack off when I get the chance and appreciate those moments as though it was the most precious thing in life.

On the other hand, I don't know why most of the people that hate such stories prefer to be 'abnormal' (Your preference clearly shows). I do not see the appeal of finding more work for yourself just to prove your otherwise unfair superiority over the unluckier masses. Its like pride for the Chinese stories. It is part of their culture. You can be a proud person refusing to back down and obtaining enemies (of the really stubborn type). Or you can be an otherwise spineless anonymous slacker.

"But its more boring! Entertainment means conflict! MC should go out searching for conflict for the entertainment of us readers!"

No. Random conflict like that is boring as it gives the MC and every other character really flat personality. Cliched personality is better than none. On top of that, I am starting to find the terms cliche and overused,'unfair'. There are already too many stories for things to NOT be similar in any way.

Not saying that this is 'good' btw as I read plenty. Can smell obvious trouble from fat rich kid and potential harem member. More into truly relaxing and carefree stories like Maid Mother.

P.S if you want stressful 'abnormal' MCs, go read the Chinese stories. They get into trouble for the pettiest of reasons (whether it is their own or their enemies) as they strive to be some sort of immortal... again.

P.S.S I am using the word abnormal loosely, and based on 'I-refuse-to-stand-out-and-live-boring-normal-lives normal' and I am NOT calling anyone retards.

Dex-chan lover
Looking through the comments, everyone needs to understand that everyone's tastes are different. Like ice-cream for example, some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla... Some people (like me) actually like a "vanilla" kind of isekai story like this, if it's not to your liking then just don't read it. Hope this series gets updated regularly T_T

Y does he want to be a boring person so much? It's getting irritating, nothing is wrong with standing ou, like calm down. I don't want to be the same as others

Group Leader
It will be @wouw. I personally guarantee it . No more 3 month waits one way or the other for this.

Users who are viewing this thread