Tensei Pandemic - Vol. 6 Ch. 34 - Why couldn't I answer!?

Group Leader
Yako's speech kind of pissed me off. First of all, Hinata's life is better because before people criticized him for not being masculine, but why should Hinata be the one who has to change? Just because he doesn't meet the standards that were set by other people, that doesn't mean he should have to change his personality or entire gender. Secondly, people like him better really? Because it seems they just like staring at Hinata's new body, and I'm not sure how much of an improvement that is.

Fed-Kun's army
Lolol, first I've seen a gender swapped MC not forced into the main role of a play.

This chapter really supports the theory thrown around here that the virus only changes you if your gender identity doesn't match your birth sex. Yako can clearly see that Hina is definitely female, but she has a lot of trouble accepting it. Hina's only real argument against Yako was that Yurina would only accept her as a man, but other than that it really hit her here that she probably does not want to be a boy after all. Yurina also likes Hina as a girl, and has always seen her that way, likely implying she doesn't like boys at all...

Calling it now. Yurina has developed antibodies to the genderswapping virus and when she and the president kiss during the play it will cause the president to revert back to being a girl. It seems like the thing that Yako has not really expected since he seems to think that the virus is working as intended.

So, since we already saw Yurina and Hinata kissing, and nothing happen, I wonder what will happen if that between President and her.

Why does whether or not you are masculine have to define what gender you should be or rather in this case what genitalia you should have? That’s idiotic. Feels like the author hasn’t read his own work before continuing in this direction. His life hasn’t gotten better, it’s just changed. The girls who like him now liked him before “if only he was a girl” which is just silly bs. His issue was never not being masculine, it was needing to be masculine for the girl he liked which he didn’t need to do! Come on!

Aggregator gang
Hinata could be masculine if he had actually wanted to. The thing is that he let himself fall victim to the critics of him not being manly and stuff, had he actively exercised, played sports, and were confident in himself, even if he looked girly he would still be manly. The problem here is not that he wasn't manly or that he looked like a girl, it is that he wasn't confident in himself and let what the others called him influence him into losing the already low confidence he had and become shy which added more girlyness to his already girly appearance. Because of that it was easy for that fox doctor to change his gender and even to leave him speechless when s(?)he asked hinata if she really wanted to turn back into a guy.

Aggregator gang
Goddamned "doctor." This is the first time this story has pissed me off the way Your and My Secret (Boku to Kanojo no XXX) did. (That's my all-time low point with gender-bending manga.) I hate it when someone - or everyone - is trying to decide a character's core identity for them. Let them find their own voice, asshole! Stop with the manipulation. Instead of trying to change their mind, change your own.

"I don't need you to accept me, I accept me.
I don't need you to love me, I love me.
But I want you to know you can know me,
If you change your mind."

Fed-Kun's army
@saucelion - You may be on to something there! Yuuri-Kun changed, and we know that he dressed up in Yurina's clothes. Aki changed, and she/he wished to be a boy all along. Seems like those who change were hiding their true feelings and gender identity. Yurina hasn't changed, (that we know of), and she's fine with Hinata, even if he/she is a boy or a girl, (and probably always saw Hinata as a girl anyway.)

Users who are viewing this thread