Tensei Pandemic

Group Leader
@Aereus
I don't think so. Definitely not until next semester. It keeps getting lower anyways because the people who decide over the amount are stealing from it unfortunately :( I only have 1 more year here and then I will move to China, so it's okay. Also some very nice people already donated on Patreon so I can buy e-books from the money I'm getting there ^^ ( And next chapter for that reason will be... A little bit NSFW haha )

As for the tags, I don't know who adds them, but it kind of seems supernatural for me. But I don't really know the definitions of these tags

@LonelyHikikomori Genre tags are meant for like, central themes of the story. So supernatural should be for stuff dealing with ghosts or such. School Life would be more like, a slice of life series whose story was mostly about going to school. For that matter, this series isn't slice of life either.

About the tags, I would quite agree that Supernatural has nothing to do on this; the explanation for transformation is simple, a virus of some short made by a mad loli scientist, and nothing else aside from that, which is already solved, can be tagged as Supernatural. The same goes for Slice of Life, there's little to nothing of it on this manga.

Unless said scientist name is Loki... It makes you think

I'm going to kill myself if I have to read another genre tag argument in yet another manga comment section.

@Nami I dunno about you, but I dislike having my time wasted when a genre is listed and turns out that happens in like 1 chapter out of 50.

@Aereus As it pertains to the "Supernatural" tag? Sure. There is, full stop, nothing supernatural in this manga. It is fake science and not some spiritual force that made this happen.

Everything else is not as clear and could be argued. And if it could be argued, then it shouldn't hurt to have those tags.

Miku best girl
Admin
If we're in agreement that there's nothing supernatural happening, the tag should be removed.

Dex-chan lover
I'd be glad to be surprised if big-tits girl doesn't change genders because that's her ideal body. lol

Dex-chan lover
It's spreading... through trace amount of saliva... How potent is this virus!?

Dex-chan lover
@Nami It's over at the suggestions forum. Someone got triggered that after the genderbender tag got replaced with genderswap and crossdressing but does not represent the trans community so she flipped around lol.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN I can't say I'm fond of how the Western fandom has a penchant for taking manga way too seriously. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time they try applying real-world logic or their own cultural values onto a story/characters. I also feel the tag change is ... messy, however. It may clarify things like crossdressing, but makes other stuff more vague or impossible to search. eg: Same-sex body swap is in a void, and I just feel overall Genderbender is a closer fit to the Japanese concept of TSF.

Dex-chan lover
eg: Same-sex body swap is in a void,
Oh shoot, I haven't even thought about that :eek:

Your statement reminds me of this thing in vocaloid. Some creators end their names with -P. I was curious so I looked it up. Apparently, in Japan, it's like a trophy; something that the community will decide to call you if they think you are worthy of such a title. Meanwhile, over in the west, people thought that you need the '-P' to show that you are serious in this community so even starters call themselves -P, which is sort of an insult in Japan.

Technically Japan is the right one because they started it first but Japan has barely any influence in the west about this topic. This results in an interesting case where two cultures emerge from the same topic.

Users who are viewing this thread