Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Contributor
Arachne! I hope it doesn't look too grotesque, just more like best girl Kumoko

Dex-chan lover
@Miyuki

yeah same here, and also "Plague Dragon" is also technically incorrect as he does not spread poison or plagues/diseases.
he is spreading a curse and that is even worse then poison or a plague.
Curses can only be removed by holy magic and can´t ever heal naturally unless you have a high level curse resistance.

Dex-chan lover
@xHarlock

that is not an arachne.

its .....
the slime from chapter 4
Its another human who have been reincarnated into a corpse eating slime.
Its basiclly a evil version of Rimuru Tempest.

The slime have the power to controll corpses as zombie puppets, the guy who broke the dragon egg and the wolfs were all his doing.
But it can also eat the corpses to gain parts of the skills and stats of the creatures it that is eaten.
It is a SS class calamity monster if left alone to grow as it have the power to wipe out humanity, and the person who reincarnated into it is evil as heck.
Or he lost his sanity from living like this.
He probably wanted to use the dragon to kill the MC so he got the power of spreading curses.
If he did he could curse entire cities slowly weakening them before going for the kill on a massive scale.

Fed-Kun's army
Even in the LN, chapter 82 2nd volume, the 3rd evolution was translated as the "Evil Plague Dragon" so I can understand why it's called like this here.

Calamity Dragon does sound cooler though

Dex-chan lover
The whole fight was basically Nergigante vs Zorah Magdaros, but if Nergigante had Gore Magala scales.
Just Monster Hunter references

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure the half-elf will be able to deal with that... whatever it is.

Dex-chan lover
This just seems dumb now.
I don't know what this guy was aiming for, but if that huge size increase is permanent (I hope it isn't), then the odds of this story ever going anywhere seem negligible.
Twice now the idiot opted to sacrifice the evolution path that would let him cooperate with humans, all because he wanted the most powerful option available to him, without any regard for what form that power would take. He could have found some way to win with less power, I have no doubt, and it would have been more meaningful to do so. Instead he opted to become a living weapon of mass destruction. Absolute madness.

And why is everyone complaining about "false hope" or whatever? What happened?

Dex-chan lover
To the5thseraph
His thought processes were made clear in both situations.
1st evolution. Agreed what he did was pretty dumb. He picked plague dragon exclusively for human transformation. However, his goal was to gain human companionship in equal standing. He wants to talk to them, or even live with them. Being a dragon, or a monster, really pales compared to the choice of human transformation.
The second transformation. This one. He wants to win. He wants the choice that will save everyones lives, which is why he considered arc dragon, which had the worst odds, but the highest to save everyone. While Laplace didn't go over what healing dragon would do, its pretty clear from description. Its a support type. He may be able to heal the villagers. But the rock dragon would easily demolish his efforts once he runs out of mana.

He could have found some way to win with less power? Laplace already mentioned the odds. 4% is still greater than 0%. Jormungand results in stalemate and human annihilation. Roller has 1% if i recall... So you're not wrong. But if it wasn't obvious, he chose the strongest option to maximize the odds of the humans surviving.

correction on panel 25 . "was it a bad idea to provoke it" might be the right one since the other one sounded wrong , but maybe im wrong

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, the MC truly is a moron. Yeah, let's throw everything away, and while trying to save one pathetic village, evolve into a dragon that destroys everything it touches. What about the person you were trying to save? Simply leaving them alone isn't enough, right? You have to attack them, so they won't chase you, like they're some kind of a fucking stray animal.

"I just don't want to be alone, so let me throw away my whole future away for the first village I see and turn into something that can't coexist with them."
Terrific mindset, truly a "little hero".

This is beyond fucking stupid, the plot was going so nice until he made the most stupid decision possible, he could've just ran away when he heard about the plage thing and then fake an attack if she came back for him and then the elf believing it was her magic and not seeing that it obviously wanted to scare milia, this is just artificial drama, so disappointing man

Users who are viewing this thread