Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
When I was a kid I had a pet snake, which we would feed live fish via a water bowl. It would commonly chase fish and bite its own tail and squeeze for a few seconds before realizing what it was doing.

Animals can be pretty stupid about spatial reasoning like that, I assume most animals it shoots its ray at are fleeing / not running around in such a way that it'd ever be in danger of pointing at its own tail with the ray, so it isn't really a thought/instinct it ever learned.
I feel like I would be confused if I was a snake too. One long body part that can move in confusing ways, with no real ability to look at it to get a clear view the way we can with our hands and feet when we're doing something confusing. Then add in trying to keep track of sporadic movements from something like a fish trying desperately to find a way to live.

My experience with cats is also that predators tend to hyper focus on their prey. A cat could do something really stupid just because its whole being is focused on not letting that bird get away, which is why they're known to fall off balconies and things like that despite being extremely coordinated.

Users who are viewing this thread