Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Ch. 61 - The Commercial City of Barbra

Dex-chan lover
What did they do? Really asking.
FrancurryTL is the one translating the WN, usually 3 new chapters every 2-4 days.

They decided to also do the manga, here's a copy paste of their comment from the Tenken subreddit. It's from a post asking why the manga quality been going downhill,

They stopped having a QC is what my guess is. But with regards to another team doing the manga, I've picked it up from c61 and will continue doing so here's the cubari for it.
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/cmF3L1BpbmtSNi9UZW5rZW5NYW5nby9tYWluL1RlbmtlbiUyME1MLmpzb24/

Yea I decided to pick it up cause seeing LHT tl the previous arc like that kinda just made me mad and sad and I really didn't want them to screw up my favourite arc

Dex-chan lover
FrancurryTL is the one translating the WN, usually 3 new chapters every 2-4 days.

They decided to also do the manga, here's a copy paste of their comment from the Tenken subreddit. It's from a post asking why the manga quality been going downhill,
After LN 11 was gonna look at FrancurryTL's site. I didn't notice the drop in manga quality since its been ages since ive seen the manga and shifted over to the LN after Seedrun arc.

Also if you've caught up to the WN are LN n WN same or are there significant differences?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
After LN 11 was gonna look at FrancurryTL's site. I didn't notice the drop in manga quality since its been ages since ive seen the manga and shifted over to the LN after Seedrun arc.

Also if you've caught up to the WN are LN n WN same or are there significant differences?

So LN basically following the WN, like the WN is the rough draft.

There are only 2 major differences between LN and WN.

1. There is no sea kingdom. So the previous arc in the manga involving it is not in the WN and it was only a short traveling before this current cooking arc.

2. Volume 11 is half of an arc. It's flips the order of events compared to the WN. Vol 11 of the ln happens in the 2nd half of the arc in the wn. My assumption is vol 12 will cover the 1st half of the arc. Aka the capital city arc 2 major events got flipped afaik. Also slight difference in who battles who.

All the major plot points, characters, etc is around 90-100% same between the two. Mainly pacing differences or additional scenes added in the ln.

Edit: you can see the difference volume by volume as well as what manga/wn chapters is in this faq. https://www.reddit.com/r/TenKen/wiki/faq

I don't really care who you read, but I'm gonna wait for the LHT version because LHT has been doing this series since chapter 10, at the time of me posting this for approximately 5 years, sure the Translators & Editors (sorry, the fan translates call them Proofreaders) might get a little here and there wrong but you know what?

THEY DON'T GET PAID, they are literally doing this to: 1. get a series out to the english reading audience that normally wouldn't, 2. self enjoyment (some of the those who work on them do it because they like the series) 3. any money they do get, via donations, is put into getting the raw Japanese pages so these groups can continue doing what they do, and the only people getting paid are the Author/Mangaka.

Outside of that people (groups) that come in and start their own "group" to work on a series as its anime is airing (Subbed & Dubbed) are doing it for clout about 90% of the time, and I HATE those kind of groups.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really care who you read, but I'm gonna wait for the LHT version because LHT has been doing this series since chapter 10, at the time of me posting this for approximately 5 years, sure the Translators & Editors (sorry, the fan translates call them Proofreaders) might get a little here and there wrong but you know what?

THEY DON'T GET PAID, they are literally doing this to: 1. get a series out to the english reading audience that normally wouldn't, 2. self enjoyment (some of the those who work on them do it because they like the series) 3. any money they do get, via donations, is put into getting the raw Japanese pages so these groups can continue doing what they do, and the only people getting paid are the Author/Mangaka.

Outside of that people (groups) that come in and start their own "group" to work on a series as its anime is airing (Subbed & Dubbed) are doing it for clout about 90% of the time, and I HATE those kind of groups.
I seriously don't get the beef dude. Maybe their WN translations are good. I donno about the previous chapters, but atleast these 3 chapters(61,62&63) LH ones are definitely better. Only thing diff is they cleaned and translated the opening page text and stuff.

I seriously don't get the beef dude.
If by "beef" you mean my last paragraph about the clout grabbers, it is exactly that.

Either: a new "group" is formed, or An existing group finds a series that is getting an anime, and they will do the new chapters of a series for as long as the anime is airing, maybe even a couple chapters after that (this is called "Sniping" a sort of not fun competition between groups to see who can get it out faster/better).

Clout grabber's (for lack of a better word) "contribution" is seen, and may get them some praise from the first group's haters (because there are always haters). And in the worst case sometimes these clout grabbers somehow run the first group off of the series, then eventually stop making chapters for it themselves because they found the next series getting an anime. [Shiny New Toy syndrome]

A few months pass and nobody wants to pick it up, the pirated version of said series is effectively dead and the only way to read any further is to buy the book if it was lucky enough to get picked up by a Licensed Company at this point. Don't get me wrong, you should get the official book in your language to help tell the Author/Mangaka "I like this, Please make more".

THAT is what my beef is with clout grabbers like this group, I mean look at the group name, IF they work on anything else only a few people would know what the group name was all about.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If by "beef" you mean my last paragraph about the clout grabbers, it is exactly that.

Either: a new "group" is formed, or An existing group finds a series that is getting an anime, and they will do the new chapters of a series for as long as the anime is airing, maybe even a couple chapters after that (this is called "Sniping" a sort of not fun competition between groups to see who can get it out faster/better).

Clout grabber's (for lack of a better word) "contribution" is seen, and may get them some praise from the first group's haters (because there are always haters). And in the worst case sometimes these clout grabbers somehow run the first group off of the series, then eventually stop making chapters for it themselves because they found the next series getting an anime. [Shiny New Toy syndrome]

A few months pass and nobody wants to pick it up, the pirated version of said series is effectively dead and the only way to read any further is to buy the book if it was lucky enough to get picked up by a Licensed Company at this point.

THAT is what my beef is with clout grabbers like this group, I mean look at the group name, IF they work on anything else only a few people would know what the group name was all about.
By beef I was'nt talking about you, i was talking about the FrancurryTL guy saying the last arc was poorly TL'ed by LH. They wont abandon proabably since they've been doing WN translation for many years.
My question was why complain about something being worse and then given out an even more worse output?

By beef I was'nt talking about you, i was talking about the FrancurryTL guy saying the last arc was poorly TL'ed by LH. They wont abandon proabably since they've been doing WN translation for many years.
My question was why complain about something being worse and then given out an even more worse output?
Ah, OK. All is good, I hope I didn't sound like I was being mean to you, I wanted to understand what you meant, and then I kind of went on a bit of a rant ... ... ... sorry about that.

by the way, they claim that they don't like Fran suddenly having horrible grammar, and incomplete sentences, (I have read such in some of the reddit boards) but doesn't she speak like that in the Light Novels?

At least that is what I have seen from the little bit that I have read of the Light Novels

Users who are viewing this thread