Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 15 Ch. 72 - The State of the Orphanage

Dex-chan lover
huh what are you talking about ?
ok since you have memory of goldfish and cant remember your own argument and what you reply, big bro here gonna give you quick rundown

Swagger said : "(Calling that unit of currency a "gold" is kinda ridiculous, because there's no way a single coin worth that little would be gold or even just silver no matter how tiny, but most fantasy settings don't care about getting that particular with it.)"

and you said "Blame Dragon Quest and similar games that simplified D&D's copper/silver/gold/platinum currency setup to just a single "GOLD" value, such that it is a trope in and of itself for fantasy stories of any sort, now, even if the currency is not itself gold coinage."

and so i reply to that, are you high on something ? so how am i missed any mark? what do you mean under barter rule ?
You complaining about how Video games Make everything streamline with one currency, and i reply "does it matter ? there's no benefit to it other than RP perspective and the core gameplay mechanic are working fine with that."

so what do you mean by "What you describe is something completely different, under barter rules rather than currency, and you know it. Don't be that guy."?

you can't even actually tackle my argument Like actual human being and disprove my point
and have the gall , the chutzpah to say "don't be that guy"
Okay, since it seems you really are that headass stupid and didn't pay attention in class when they taught it, and want to be that moronic guy...

"if you play FF14 is it better for you if you have to grind different type or exchange currency from single gil to 6 different type of currency ? Imagine if you have to repair your gear but the said vendor only Accept Silver so you have to go to exhange then back to the melder then the armorer have different currency, then marketboard have different currency, potion seller have different currency." Once again, this is a barter system, not a currency system, moron. They want a specific item, and give you something else in return. It doesn't matter that they refer to it as currency in-game, because they can call it whatever they want- it's not a currency. Gil is the closest that they come to a currency, but it's a very limited one, due to all the secondary specialty barter tokens.

A currency system is copper/silver/gold/platinum, or cents/dollars, or pence/shillings/pounds, and so on, wherein everything is a representation of a specific value and trades freely and generally in exchange for any good or service. The traditional D&D format was translatable to cents, to dollars, to 100 dollars, to 100,000 dollars, effectively, as 100 coinage of the previous tier made up a single coin of the next tier, so 100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold, 100 gold = 1 platinum. This was relevant because just like in real life, things have weight, so carrying around 300,000 coins would be something taking up a whole horse cart, probably needing two horses to pull. There was no separation of copper from silver or silver from gold and so on; they were directly correlatable, which basically none of the barter tokens from FF14 are (there are some that can be traded for other barter tokens, usually in lots of 500 tokens; they are closer to something like arcade tokens, which can be traded for tickets (either directly or via a game of chance) that themselves can be traded for the thing you ACTUALLY want). If something costs 10 gold, you can pay with a platinum and get 90 gold back, or pay with 1000 silver, or even 100,000 copper, because they are all equivalent exchange pieces of a currency system. Just like how you can buy something at a store for $6.73, pay with a $10.00 bill, and get an array of change back that most likely would look like 4 dollar coins, 2 quarters, a dime, and a nickel (or 3 pennies, prior to the penny being phased out and values rounded to the nearest 5).

So, yeah. Again, next time, don't be that stupid guy.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, since it seems you really are that headass stupid and didn't pay attention in class when they taught it, and want to be that moronic guy...

"if you play FF14 is it better for you if you have to grind different type or exchange currency from single gil to 6 different type of currency ? Imagine if you have to repair your gear but the said vendor only Accept Silver so you have to go to exhange then back to the melder then the armorer have different currency, then marketboard have different currency, potion seller have different currency." Once again, this is a barter system, not a currency system, moron. They want a specific item, and give you something else in return. It doesn't matter that they refer to it as currency in-game, because they can call it whatever they want- it's not a currency. Gil is the closest that they come to a currency, but it's a very limited one, due to all the secondary specialty barter tokens.

A currency system is copper/silver/gold/platinum, or cents/dollars, or pence/shillings/pounds, and so on, wherein everything is a representation of a specific value and trades freely and generally in exchange for any good or service. The traditional D&D format was translatable to cents, to dollars, to 100 dollars, to 100,000 dollars, effectively, as 100 coinage of the previous tier made up a single coin of the next tier, so 100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold, 100 gold = 1 platinum. This was relevant because just like in real life, things have weight, so carrying around 300,000 coins would be something taking up a whole horse cart, probably needing two horses to pull. There was no separation of copper from silver or silver from gold and so on; they were directly correlatable, which basically none of the barter tokens from FF14 are (there are some that can be traded for other barter tokens, usually in lots of 500 tokens; they are closer to something like arcade tokens, which can be traded for tickets (either directly or via a game of chance) that themselves can be traded for the thing you ACTUALLY want). If something costs 10 gold, you can pay with a platinum and get 90 gold back, or pay with 1000 silver, or even 100,000 copper, because they are all equivalent exchange pieces of a currency system. Just like how you can buy something at a store for $6.73, pay with a $10.00 bill, and get an array of change back that most likely would look like 4 dollar coins, 2 quarters, a dime, and a nickel (or 3 pennies, prior to the penny being phased out and values rounded to the nearest 5).

It is currency you moron, It's your own argument.
You said why they streamline into one single currency instead having Gold,silver,copper etc. Because it doesn't matter, from gameplay standpoint having one single currency or billion of them will not changing the core gameplay.
IT IS YOUR OWN ARGUMENT YOU ABSOLUTE BRAINLET, You are the one who make the argument about Different Type of currency.
if you so adamant trying to convincing yourself you actually have an argument.
tell me how to make Gold,silver,copper work on video games ? you can't right ? because different currency will not bring anything to the table other than Larping if they gonna work like Real Currency.

You Write long sentences and you still dont answer my question, you fuckin retard
"how having gold/Silver/Copper gonna make any impact in video games when 1 single currency Will do the job ?"
You still didnt anwer it, Like what the fuck you talking about ?
i Even Layout on previous comment What you said, what the other guy said and what i said so your stupid brain can remember the actual argument

so once again, moron
What Gold/silver/copper Gonna bring on the table other than RP perspective ?

Dex-chan lover

ok the more i read the more condescending tone actually pissed me off so im gonna Add little more to your stupid little brain

Okay, since it seems you really are that headass stupid and didn't pay attention
it's you right ? my whole argument how Denomination or Gold/Silver/Copper any different if 1 single currency does the job for gameplay perspective ?
you didn't read, you didn't pay attention, you rambling about something that doesnt relate or answer my question
you actually retarded

Once again, this is a barter system
my god, My brain is melting for how fuckin stupid you actually are.
im giving YOU the possibilities how different currency gonna work based on your argument, i even gave you the example if it's work like real money/currency it's literally does nothing other than RP aspect.
so Learn to read next time yeah ?

A currency system is copper/silver/gold/platinum....
jesus, Too much LARPING actually rot your brain huh ? now you rambling like maniac and still didn't Answer my question
Imagine spending that much time writting something i would not give a shit because ITS NOT SAYING ANYTHING TOWARD MY ARGUMENT.

wow, once again you should look at the mirror and tell that to yourself.
Next time actually listen and read what people said, yeah ?
if you want to be the Akhsually guy or "look guys im an expert on economy, economy aficionado" it's totally fine, maybe you crave that Applause and attention
But do that after you actually answer the question or the argument ok ?
Also dont Larping too much, clearly its not healthy for your brain

Dex-chan lover
open up last page of comments
autistic discussion about currency
Never change, mangadex, never change

Also metal based coinage of fixed content and rates is peak gamedev simplification, and its real shame it bled into fiction

Dex-chan lover
Never change, mangadex, never change

Also metal based coinage of fixed content and rates is peak gamedev simplification, and its real shame it bled into fiction
well tell that to that guy, all im saying was " its a video game, one currency does the job already" and he proceed to saying bunch of shit that doesnt relate to my argument.
and have the nerve to say that im the one who doesnt understand when he cant even read properly and from looks of it just want to show off "muh economy expert" instead having conversation like an actual human being.

Double-page supporter
those 16y shrine maiden said fran is younger than her. just how old fran is? twelve? fourteen?

Dex-chan lover
Assuming approximately US $6 per pound, that's about 0.05 lbs, or 0.8 oz, or 22.7 g, if I can still math. To put that in perspective, a basic McDonald's hamburger patty is twice that at 1.6 oz.
But how much beef was it 30 years ago?

Dex-chan lover
That was dumb. If you get looked down upon, it's the end for you in the underworld? As if extorting for a soup recipe isn't a laughable thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread