Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 15 Ch. 72 - The State of the Orphanage

Aggregator gang
Assuming approximately US $6 per pound, that's about 0.05 lbs, or 0.8 oz, or 22.7 g, if I can still math. To put that in perspective, a basic McDonald's hamburger patty is twice that at 1.6 oz.
If you correct for inflation (let's assume 50 years, so 1973), you get something like $2.08 in today's money, so about a third of a pound or ~150g.
Not too little depending on what the recipe's about.

Dex-chan lover
I'm amused by the fact that everyone is more interested in elf MILF, rather than the fact that some coalition of evil servant getting Vash'd

Eh? In the light novel IIRC the orphanage director actually have several level of divine cooking skills which is actually impressive

Dex-chan lover
Imagine spending tons of time learning to cook and experimenting with recipes, and then some girl just throw some food scraps in a pot and call it a meal, but her meals are as good if not better than yours because she's blessed by the fucking God of Food, but you're not. I would not blame that chef for being bitter. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel like I've already read this chapter?
It's remarkable that: "Ruffians extort the local orphanage, after the local lord cut off their funding, until..." repeated itself enough to become a cliche / copy paste scenario.
No surprise "mafias" are gonna mafia. They can't outright kill them or heavily injure them because then they can't pay at all.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Fran's fights are fun to read.

Dex-chan lover
Cut the cap. No matter if you are master chef or loved by god of cooking, no way you an make soup that tastes that good with salted water and like 6 pieces of vegetable scraps.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel like I've already read this chapter?
It's remarkable that: "Ruffians extort the local orphanage, after the local lord cut off their funding, until..." repeated itself enough to become a cliche / copy paste scenario.
There is more at play behind the scenes here.. even related to the orphanage and that shrine maiden girl. But i hope the Manga explains shit properly.

Fed-Kun's army
There's no way to beat that skill in a food contest right? Just have to either have him not enter or have him improve the recipe or bless the curry bun.
Not at all. As stated by Fran in the previous chapter, this orphanage's soup is a  contender for champion every year, not the undisputed victor, so the other competitors are winning via top end skill combined with high quality ingredients. True, the orphanage has high end skill (9/10) bolstered with a divine blessing, but the mediocre ingredients is a massive handicap that gives the other competitors a good chance to win.

Dex-chan lover
What did he expect from an orphanage? They're good at making do with scraps.

That's a great, "O hai!" entry.

She really enjoys fighting.

Yeah, that skill would help cooking with paltry ingredients.

A contract arrives after the loan was agreed upon and delivered? That's all kinds of shady.

Taking half the cookie is actually a good move. Not taking anything would be rude, and of course, taking everything from a small kid who's far more poor than you are is a bit crass as well.

Yeah, that person would take interest in that orphanage.

Do we need to punch some speed holes into the oven to make it go faster?
Paint it red?

Fed-Kun's army
Cut the cap. No matter if you are master chef or loved by god of cooking, no way you an make soup that tastes that good with salted water and like 6 pieces of vegetable scraps.
my g-ma made the most delicious ham and bean soup with nothing but a hambone and a bag of beans. it's all in how its made.

Users who are viewing this thread