Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 13 Ch. 64 - Silver moon dance

Dex-chan lover
I would also put cooking as #2 as even non-cooking focused series will still have the Jap MC want homeland cooking.
Almost all of the isekai I've read have a mini-arc of MC searching for rice... soooo people are just nitpicking just to have a complaint I guess.

Any reason why the sword is now called Master? The English light novel he is referenced as Teacher.

Dex-chan lover
No, that's what common in isekai you read. You need to have above a certain age rating to have sex at all, and since most isekai manga aren't rated for adults, your assertion doesn't hold up.
These are common tropes in isekai. Being in denial or saying "no that's just what you read" doesn't change things. The first two things that I listed came before any cooking happened for example and the third plagues any other series in which the protagonist "saves" a slave girl. Fran's manga is different in that aspect (she's actually more of a daughter and this isn't a self insert wank) but this is the exception and not the majority.

Dex-chan lover
These are common tropes in isekai.
Okay, show me stats. Actual facts, and not just your subjective opinion. You're the one asserting that it's absolutely true, so it's on you to provide evidence.

The first two things that I listed came before any cooking happened for example
One example does not a patter make, and something happening before something else has absolutely no bearing on whether it's more common. In other words, you said nothing of worth.

the third plagues any other series in which the protagonist "saves" a slave girl.
So you're saying that the protagonist doesn't "save" a slave girl in any manga other than adult ones? All that tells me is that "saving" isn't nearly as common as you claim it is.

Fran's manga is different in that aspect (she's actually more of a daughter and this isn't a self insert wank) but this is the exception and not the majority.
First you claim it's a perfect example of your argument and therefore it proves you right, and then you say it's an exception and therefore doesn't count against you. That's roughly the quality of your arguments so far.

Either way, you can do the first thing I said, or I can take anything you say and toss it out of a window.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, show me stats. Actual facts, and not just your subjective opinion. You're the one asserting that it's absolutely true, so it's on you to provide evidence.

One example does not a patter make, and something happening before something else has absolutely no bearing on whether it's more common. In other words, you said nothing of worth.

So you're saying that the protagonist doesn't "save" a slave girl in any manga other than adult ones? All that tells me is that "saving" isn't nearly as common as you claim it is.

First you claim it's a perfect example of your argument and therefore it proves you right, and then you say it's an exception and therefore doesn't count against you. That's roughly the quality of your arguments so far.

Either way, you can do the first thing I said, or I can take anything you say and toss it out of a window.
I said Tensei Shitara is the odd one out. It is why I like it, when people think of isekai cooking isn't the second thing they think off. You can't just dismiss something that happens first for the sake of your argument either when you bring up popular or in your own words "Cooking is probably the number two feature of isekai and isekai-like stories". That's why I replied to you, it is a far sillier thing to say than anything you'd read in Cromartie.

I didn't ask you for stats when you said what you said either. Because I knew as somebody that has read thru more crap than I should have and talked to countless people on said medium, knew that wasn't the case. Rpg videogame stats, save the damsel in distress/slave/my master/ rinse and repeat. Come first before anyone even thinks about cooking.

Probably? Right?

iu
quack

Dex-chan lover
You can't just dismiss something that happens first for the sake of your argument either when you bring up popular or in your own words "Cooking is probably the number two feature of isekai and isekai-like stories".
Number two as in how frequently you see it in stories, not in order of appearance in any particular story.

The rest of it gets defenestrated.

Page 10: "the Midgårdsormen" This is a double definite article. It's the Swedish name of Jörmungandr (or "the Midgard Serpent", which is the literal meaning of the Swedish name), but the -en suffix is the definite article in Swedish, so the "the" is redundant.

Of course, names in other languages are often treated as plain names without any articles or other modifications, so writing it like this is common practice, even if it's not grammatically correct. And bonus points for writing 'å' properly, even if it's in a different font.
I have seen your (or another person's) comment just like this before.

All I'm gonna say is . . . BLAME THE MANGAKA!!!

The Translator does their part, I buff out the sentence structure to make it more American (yeah, sometimes I miss stuff, it's FREE what do you expect? LOL)

But I do appreciate that you add in that translated names are often treated as plain names without articles or modifications, Thank You

The "å" in Midgårdsormen, thanks I've made sure to get that correct ever since it was first mentioned in ch 44. As for the font... that is a Typesetter thing... and our group's Typesetters are all Vietnamese, I guess they did what they could ¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
I have seen your (or another person's) comment just like this before.

All I'm gonna say is . . . BLAME THE MANGAKA!!!

The Translator does their part, I buff out the sentence structure to make it more American (yeah, sometimes I miss stuff, it's FREE what do you expect? LOL)

But I do appreciate that you add in that translated names are often treated as plain names without articles or modifications, Thank You

The "å" in Midgårdsormen, thanks I've made sure to get that correct ever since it was first mentioned in ch 44. As for the font... that is a Typesetter thing... and our group's Typesetters are all Vietnamese, I guess they did what they could ¯\(ツ)
Yeah, people are always going to have something to say if they see something in their own language.

I wouldn't blame the mangaka. If anything, I think it looked correct enough from a quick google translate of the raw. But I wouldn't blame a translator either for not knowing enough about a third normally unrelated language. Especially for free. :)

I've seen enough names have weird articles or lacking them, or redundancy, even real life names. I mean, there's a surprising amount of rivers with names that literally means "river river". Look up "tautology".

Typesetting is hard, and most fonts don't have our unique Scandinavian letters. The other two in Swedish ('ä' and 'ö') are more common, and often have alternate ways of typing them.

wait when you have the raw, meaning the whole chapter with the manga dialogues intact, then why is it necessary to even refer to the LN for your MANGA tl? Blah, blah, blah...
Maybe we were not clear enough, so let me see if I can clear this up...

We went looking for a name that belonged to a character that had a somewhat difficult name to translate, and as it turns out, didn't exist in the LN anyway because the Pirate nation arc was not in the LN.

And then found out such things as we did about Fran's speech pattern, if you use an MTL (Machine TransLation) it will often fill in words that it thinks should be there, but after discovering the curt/blunt speech Fran uses in the LN, Abang admitted to me "so that is why her statements were so short, I would never have guessed"

Double-page supporter
No, that's what common in isekai you read. You need to have above a certain age rating to have sex at all, and since most isekai manga aren't rated for adults, your assertion doesn't hold up.
Yep most isekai don't have sex. However, slavery and RPG stats are definitely very common. Not as much as the MC searching for rice, building an onsen, and getting a katana from a mysterious eastern country far far away, though.

Dex-chan lover
Yep most isekai don't have sex. However, slavery and RPG stats are definitely very common. Not as much as the MC searching for rice, building an onsen, and getting a katana from a mysterious eastern country far far away, though.
Building an onsen only really happens in those stories where the MC builds stuff, naturally. But if you also include trying to find one (which means they will succeed), then it's far more common.

Getting a katana isn't quite as common as the rest of them in my experience, but still common enough. And again, if you include similar cases, such as creating one with their OP creation skill, it becomes more common.

Users who are viewing this thread