Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Hello/Goodbye

Dex-chan lover
@BOTMAN
I've wasted enough time trying to explain things in small enough words for you to understand, so I'm only bothering with a few key points.

and then a miracle sent by god saves them,
Not sent by god.
any random goddess intervention is fine?
Not a goddess intervention.

Neither of these claims are true, therefore it is not a Deus ex Machina. I cannot make it any simpler for you. There is a god blessing, no it is not in any way responsible for announcer or her decision to help Master here. The pantheon of gods played exactly zero role in this chapter.

The messages just state a fact, there's no sentience, we are having this discussion just because mangaka changed world building to fit the story.
Please explain how a voice is able to respond to the current situation as it happens with up to date facts, without either admitting it has to be sentient to do so or resorting to something that obviously does not exist in that world (E.g; a computer). Feel free to admit you made a huge assumption about the world though like I originally said, I'm waiting.

Hlz

"then all of a sudden random story element from the past mutates into something which solves immeasurable dilemma, thus everyone lives happily ever after". mmh..

Power fantasies of late seem to always stumble into succession of (A:) massive power injection which makes following the story redundant after a while because authors "avatar" character can solve any issue with snap of a finger.. number of readers twindles so (B:) Author tries to toss in an unrealistic ordeal which cannot exist in the world by standards introduced up to that point which leads to... (C:) Characters (and author him/herself) get cornered by that "out from the brushes" appearing ordeal since it supposedly happens in a place where escape is impossible.. author didnt plan that ahead of time so author has to either mutate existing thing into something which thanos snaps the ordeal away or introduces foreign element out of thin air which solves it all.

This entire chapter is the very definition of jumping the shark.
Succession of elements which provides very little uplift to diminishing audience interest due it being repetition done by other stories of same genre so often its dime in a billion at this point.

I dunno if i am dumb, but i read the novel only up to the arc before this and the annoucer thing felt really natural and organic to me.

Dex-chan lover
mus5q66e0zv11.jpg

Still looking for ward to the next chapter, shit was hype ngl

Hlz

@botman
dei ex machina; English ‘god from the machine’ is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence.
That flying seraphim appearing out of thin air after supposedly being just a voice inside protagonists head and suddenly solving whole ordeal is propably the most shameless incarnation of deus ex machina ive seen in mangas since.. ever. Its like voices in schizophrenics head suddenly manifesting into reality as a amalgamation of John Rambo, Terminator and Darth Vader just to lay waste entire asylum.

Double-page supporter
So let's see if i understand he was helped by a existance with superior knowledge wich shoudn't exist according to the gods because of some forbidden knoledge i guess that only was able to appear because the mc unleashed his full potential or something like that?

Fed-Kun's army
@chietcom
@Amplify

That's the main problem, this isn't the novel, it's an adaptation and that's my whole point, if it feels organic in the novel it isn't in the manga, it's bad writing in the adaptation from novel to manga. You can easily tell this from our discussion so far, novel readers say everything is fine, manga readers call it deux ex machina. Author messed up big time if there's this huge opinion gap between her readers.

Hlz's comments explain it beautifully

Dex-chan lover
Well, this was a clusterfukk of a chapter! You know, how annoying it is, when the hero gets some BS power up, just before they die? Weeell, the enemy getting the same BS power up is almost as annoying! Those remaining grudges should not be stronger than the actual boss. They should've easily escaped. Actually, they stole that "Abjuration" skill, so they could've just phase through the floor! And they you counter it with an other BS power from "Announcer"-san (or god of knowledge). It's a two for one deal!

Dex-chan lover
@BOTMAN
Stupid people being stupid is not the fault of the manga. The average manga reader loves to scream things it doesn't properly understand, like "plot hole!" or "ass pull!" etc. Really the translation for all of the dumb things they say is "I don't understand this thing / wasn't paying attention, and I blame everyone but me for it!"

@Hlz
>Prays for help
>Receives help
Wow, so unexpected.

Hlz

@Amplify
Are you done anytime soon with directed insults and your senseless accusatory ramblings which so far have only shown you didnt understand the concept of deus ex machina until it was literally copy pasted here.. and that you get really salty when someone doesnt necessarily like every damn thing which happens in stories you read.

"Stupid people being stupid is not the fault of the manga". You are completely right.. then again if mangaka blunders at visual storytelling and setting up crucially important scene, thats completely on mangaka and not on the audience. This isnt web novel and mangaka had all the material to set this up.

btw by your logic seeing winged sword pommel but no context or connection to announcer until it appears out of thin air (quite literally) is actually as beliavable solution for this dilemma as having the car from chapter 2 suddenly just pop into scene and roadkill the lich.
"Prays for help, receives help" right? Random intervention by any means necessary as long as it was seen at least in 1 panel suffices right?

Wrong..

Dex-chan lover
@Hlz
Are you done rambling to yourself as you try to justify your BS to yourself? Do it quietly please, I ain't reading it.

guys, she's not the goddess of wisdom, though she is blessed by one

also this is the start of master's naruto kyuubi's seizure

Dex-chan lover
I have come to the comment section. I began to read. I don't think I want to come to the comment section again. Hello/Goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread