Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Hello/Goodbye

Fed-Kun's army
@Amplify

I just checked the first 15 chapters, there's no hint that announcer is sentient, it just shows 'system messages'. To turn it sentient 3 years after it was first introduced just to solve a situation where MCs think they are done for is the definition of asspull / Deus ex machina.
Before anyone say anything about it doesn't take so long in the novel etc, if it's known in the novel announcer is sentient before the manga was made, it should show hints of it way earlier than third year of manga, the way it's introduced it's bad writing.

Aggregator gang
@BOTMAN i mean it IS literally a deus ex machina, she called herself the god of knowledge. she doesn't appear to break the internal logic of this world, yet

Aggregator gang
@Amplify something something "FENRIR" is all i remember. pretty disappointed with how little attention is given to master and the mystery of his existence tbh. too much focus on Fran alone

"Let's give Master 20,000 new Upgrades", the chapter.

@Gusto

It's a massive Deus-Ex Machina for an entire chapter. And Deus Ex Machinas are the definition of bad writing. They are nothing more than a dull excuse to pull a protagonist out of a situation they can't solve themselves. What else could it be, if not bad writing?

Dex-chan lover
@BOTMAN
I just checked the first 15 chapters, there's no hint that announcer is sentient, it just shows 'system messages'. To turn it sentient 3 years after it was first introduced just to solve a situation where MCs think they are done for is the definition of asspull / Deus ex machina.
That's not what I said, I said "read the first few (two) pages of chapter 15". Since you're unable to even clearly read my two sentences, it's also clear to me that you think almost any reveal in any manga that wasn't telegraphed massively is an asspull as you would simply miss any and all clues + subtext.

Also? Those system messages are proof of sentience. Do you see any computers around here or anything? This isn't one of those novels with a game system built into the fabric of the universe, the only way you're getting any sort of announcements like that is if there is somebody actively giving you them in one manner or another.

@Wildfire_desu
@Renan_Walheim
@OtaKael
@dysperwithaperiod
i mean it IS literally a deus ex machina, she called herself the god of knowledge. she doesn't appear to break the internal logic of this world, yet
Not Deus ex Machina either, she doesn't "call herself the goddess of knowledge" she says their journey will be blessed BY "the god of knowledge".

If you all want to know the answer:
The sword body that master is in, is one of the divine swords: The Sword of Wisdom, Cherubim. She was one of three swords that wasn't permitted to exist as-is by decree of the gods after her ability was deemed too powerful to exist. Not wanting to completely destroy the sword they spent so much effort creating, the divine smith who created Cherubim repurposed the sword for something else and sealed the spirit (along with some other changes) where she was only permitted to observe the world passively. Her even giving system announcements to help master was already pushing it, but now by directly helping master now and especially by using the very ability she was deemed too powerful to live for, she's drawn the anger of the gods on her who didn't permit her existence in the first place.

As for the "All of your journeys will be blessed by the God of Knowledge" line? Each of the divine swords was made in the image of the domain of one of the gods and effectively blessed by that god or goddess, so since master's sword body is Cherubim, he is blessed by the god of knowledge technically, if you want to know certain things about how master's ability to function or the info he's getting about himself, there you go. (Without giving any further spoilers.)

@Nack289
And dropped.
On your head as a child? I can see that.

@gusto
it's not bad writing, it's just stupid readers
Pretty much. Rarely do I see pages upon pages of people who read a line that says one thing and jump to a different conclusion, or that they assume some things (that this is a game style universe) and then get mad / call it an asspull when it's revealed that system announcements had to come from somewhere other than just """"the universe itself"""".

@Amplify

well said. is embarrassing for them cause they're the ones that missed the foreshadowing / hints / clues already there 😒
would've gone differently n maybe for the better if they question the right way coz there's a chance they did miss it or forgotten stuff since it's been a while plus enjoying other stories.. or even leave a constructive criticism rather than the lame "dropped" comments *facepalm* 😑

Dex-chan lover
@Amplify thank you for the extra information. i’m usually always down to understand more about a series i’m trying to get into. however, i don’t want to speak to you ever again and i’d like to leave it at that. i hope you understand.

Fed-Kun's army
@Amplify

Not Deus ex Machina either, she doesn't "call herself the goddess of knowledge" she says their journey will be blessed BY "the god of knowledge".

Are you joking? It's your own words, this is literally deux ex machina definition. MCs are trapped in a deadly situation, have no way out, and then a miracle sent by god saves them, even if announcer isn't a god herself (i never said that) she shows up because they suddenly are "blessed by the god of knowledge" and please stop the chapter 15 thing, because Master saw some goddesses for 2 pages in a dream 24 chapters ago (that's two freaking years of manga) any random goddess intervention is fine? It's bad writing all over. It can be fine for you because you read the novel but this manga adaptation just used an asspull because they had no skill to hint it in three years of publication, bad writing adapting novel to manga.

Also? Those system messages are proof of sentience. Do you see any computers around here or anything? This isn't one of those novels with a game system built into the fabric of the universe, the only way you're getting any sort of announcements like that is if there is somebody actively giving you them in one manner or another.

The messages just state a fact, there's no sentience, we are having this discussion just because mangaka changed world building to fit the story. It happens all time with bad writing in long stories.
An example of something like announcer well done is Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, there Great Sage/Raphael act as announcer, from chapter 1 it showed sentience, answering Rimuru and showing suggestions to problems, plus it's show as an unique skill from MC, it's away better world building than shown here for the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread