Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 13 Ch. 59 - Despair and Hope

Finally we're getting to one of the good parts.

Demon lord Rimuru incoming.

You had me until they started talking about resurrection. This series refuses to make Rimuru anything but a flawless hero that can do anything.

@nectar Well from reading the spoilers at least the way that resurrection happens sounds interesting.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This would have been one of the most effective plot advancements to develop the main character multiple steps away from his current self. Having the ability to revive them feels like a cop-out. I really hope it isn't.

at least no more bad food lel.
also don't authors realize how FUCKING annoying it is to have battles based on "misunderstandings" yes i know it's a free card to relate to both mc and villain but it's just bullshit and annoying when you prolong it oof

@DracoInduperator Wrong.
He doesn't become the 3rd strongest after becoming a True Demon Lord. Apart from Guy Crimson and Milim, Dragule(the Titan) and Dino(the Fallen Seraphim) are also both stronger than Rimuru at the time he first became a True Demon Lord. Moreover, Leon would actually be a good challenge for Rimuru at that time in the story, and Ruminas would also be close in power (but still weaker than Leon and Rimuru). And Ramiris in her adult form would be stronger than Guy and Milim.
(The only reason Dino seams weaker is because he doesn't care enough to use his real power and that he's focused on building up his Sloth skill, so doing stuff and being serious is counter-productive. Both him and Dragule are actually at the level of True Dragons, and Rimuru isn't at that level yet after first becoming a True Demon Lord.)

He is being a pussy. People came in and killed ya family and you aren't out killing them??? Now they might not even stay dead? Stupid.

if this follows the light novel that resurrection fairy tail is going to require a metric fuckton of murder

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Sancturil @DracoInduperator

yup, as sancturil stated your spoiler is a bit off the mark with the timing. He's not at that level yet even after this arc.

In addition,
I'm pretty sure he loses the ability heartless one, the one where he kills those who fear him, shortly after he evolves. Though, I don't remember if he willingly sealed it or if it was because it conflicted with another abilities evolution.

@Hamin , If im not wrong,
The Ability Heartless one got used to evolve Gluttony to become Gluttonous King Beelzebub i think

Dex-chan lover
@sorarox

ah yes, that's what it was. It kinda triggered me at the time that such an OP ability was basically just used as a plot device and then disappeared forever. Since that was its use it should have just never been used in the first place.

@Arkara Partway into Light Novel Volume 5, Chapter 3 "Despair and Hope". Yea the same title as the manga chapter. Note I am talking about the Light Novel and not the Web Novel here.

@Hamin @sorarox Yes and No.
Heartless One gets integrated into Gluttonous King Beelzebub and can still be used, it was just renamed into a sub-ability of Gluttonous King Beelzebub called "Soul Consume". From the Light Novel itself:

"Merciless, a power I thought could come in pretty handy, was subsumed into the others—a pity, but it was still active within Soul Consume."

Note that Rimuru here isn't talking about the ability being downgraded or anything. It's mentioned earlier (LN vol. 3) that all of Rimuru's fused abilities are "downward compatible" (though some aspects might be removed if Great Sage deems them dangerous, like how Gluttony doesn't have the "make subordinates into hungering Zombies" trait). What he calls a "pity" here is just his "collector's spirit" lamenting that a cool-sounding ability is no more (in name at least) and his "Skill count" has been reduced and streamlined, I guess. It's like how Great Sage "sacrificed" Shizu's Degenerate Unique Skill, but it's effects are all neatly integrated into Wisdom King Raphael and still usable. It actually appears like Great Sage used countless different combinations before going with "sacrificing" Degenerate to evolve herself probably because she knew that it was like a memento of Shizu to Rimuru on a sentimental level.

it made me so emotional and I feel so broken for that ogre girl, come one just fuck those human

Users who are viewing this thread