Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 13 Ch. 60 - Prerequisite of Hope

@Sheruff6 leave him be, he probably hates manga that have the same preset as this one, you know the likes of OP, FT, and Naruto, where MC and his friends will never die, mangas that tend to gain more popularity. He probably enjoys those mangas where everybody dies except the MC or where everybody is smart but not as clever/cunning as the MC. You know mangas that only "higher beings" can fully understand, type of mangas that a commoner like me would probably never understand.

@RandomPasserby Actually, from Christian point of view, the Crusades were perfectly legitimate defensive wars waged as a last resort and with the full apostolic blessing of the Pontifex Maximus and to claim otherwise is heresy. Both the Catholic tradition and the Orthodox traditions are in agreement on this. Were there some pillages and even rapes? I don't doubt it. The Catholic and the Orthodox Churchs was built by sinners in need of a Saviour after all and the Pope is not a general, historically he was always entirely dependent on the goodwill of secular powers who didn't always act in good faith and had their ulterior motives for waging those military campaigns. I remind you that the Reconquista was also a crusade and it managed to liberate the entire Iberian Peninsula from the oppressive Saracens and was graced with many miracles and blessings, revisionist protestant understanding of Church history notwithstanding of course.

Aggregator gang
@VIII You are right on everything, but only from the political point of view. Not from the true religious point of view. The bible talks about evil trying to control even the Church itself and that happened and still will be happening. But it also says that the forces of hell can't win against it. Jesus teachings are the only ones that you can consider genuine ("Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”) And are the ones that people should had obeyed. Heresy only applies if you go against the words of God, and fighting and killing aren't part of them, at least not anymore. Even if the old testament was full of wars and death, everything was overwritten by Jesus, and since he himself is God you are committing heresy if you kill in name of God. Let's remember that the commandments or orders that God gives us are a little like playing "simon says" and once he gives you a new order that may conflict with the others, that one overwrittes them.

@RandomPasserby The political point of view is rooted on the religious point of view. These are not incompatible except in the situation where you subscribe to watered down theological understandings of the Holy Scriptures like any of the many protestant denominations and their variably hot takes concerning the history of the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church instituted by Our Lord Himself during his holy ministry. We have the Commandments that have been written by God's own finger, this is the most high law indeed, but we also have the lesser mosaic law which seemingly contradicts these commandments with things like death penalties and laws forbidding intermarriages and other such things. These, of course, are not contradictory, you just need a substantive understanding of theology and the emanating philosophy of it. I remind you that Our Lord Christ did not came to abolish the Law but to fulfil it, and to this point only the laws pertaining to the Temple and to organisation of the Jewish people were abolished because A) there was no more Temple, and B) salvation came first for the Jews and then for the gentiles making any prescriptions addressed solely for the Jews (like dietary laws and others) moot. It is not as you claim that "everything was overwritten", Jesus Christ indeed makes the insinuation that Moses himself softened the laws (particularly divorce) to please his people, and this was a very serious and even scandalous charge which ultimately means that Christ came to correct the Law (which, again, we do have sufficient theological understanding to know what exactly was mended).

This idea that the Christian man is a terminally hippy pacifist is not only wrong, it is heretical. We are not commanded to tolerate sin but correct with love and firm justice. St. Augustine penned the Just War theory, he was a Saint and not only a Doctor of the Church but also a Church Father that developed a substantial amount of the doctrine that we study today. And again, we have corroboration from independent Church traditions that the Crusades were, indeed, just; also, we have many miracles and graces that attest this from even the Heavens above. Of course you should be weary of anyone who does violence in the name of Our Lord, but you must understand that this is why we have a Papacy or at the very least a Patriarchy, we're not all enlightened protestants who are the church of themselves and can practice self-righteous violence on shaky theological grounds, but a Pope is not the dictator of the Church, he is the humble servant of the Most High and is in the unfortunate position of having to play politics and protect Christendom. The Mother Church has lost Her command over armies, but the church militant are called for heroic, saintly lives, we are not expected to let sin run rampant but to combat it. And, of course, the single most propagandised against Church has to deal with a fair share of revisionist history: people ignore the fact that there was such a thing as protestant and schismatic inquisitions, the Anglican Church was notorious for hanging, drawing and quartering Catholic clergymen, the protestants sacked, raped and persecuted tens of thousands (in the words of Martin Luther, "it is more important to fight good works than it is fighting sin"), the Judaizers in the New World were notorious for the witch hunts like what they did in Salem... meanwhile, the Tribunal of Holy Office (commonly known as "Inquisitions") in Spain and Portugal operated for over two centuries and sentenced to death an average of 4 people per year, with the vast majority of the heretics being sentenced during the first two years of this institution, and witch hunting was condemned in almost all episcopates and deemed a silly folk superstition.

We have historical hindsight to better understand some of the failings of the Mother Church, like Her condemnation of the Templar Order, but we do not count (generally speaking) the Crusades among them. The Petrine Office is a tragic one because the Pope, a man that piously preaches to the lay faithful that we are not of this world, is obligated to play world politics with varying degrees of success. Things only become black or white with the benefit of historical distance, the zealous leaders of the Church, however, had to navigate through the fog of war. Mistakes were made? Of course. They are humans and they are sinners in need of a Saviour. But they were also tasked with dealing with unsavoury situations to the best of their abilities, and the doctrine in no uncertain terms does not prohibit the waging of defensive wars.

Dex-chan lover
Noo half of our forces have died!
Rim: Revive.

Might as well go mass assault doctrine to go with it.

Aggregator gang
Ah, it feels so refreshing that Rimuru will finally lose that close-minded pacifist state of mind

I'm a little lost why are humans waging war on us? I know it's probably as long explanation but if someone could just try to help me get hyped for this?

Dex-chan lover
The next two months are absolute CRAP I advice you to skip them.

Seriously wtf!
You just had your people anihylated, what the actual fuck Rimuru, what the fuck!!!!.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck you Rimuru... Anyone who dares hurting my liege would see hell... Fuck you Rimuru, fuck you One thousand!

Dex-chan lover
@Banshie I'm a manga-only so I'll just say my 2 speculations here:
1. The appearance of Tempest, a nation of monsters is considered offensive by the church who sees monsters as an evil that should be banished from the world. Typical religion stuffs here.
2. Tempest is considered as a threat because it's a nation of monsters yes, but it's also a threat to the economy of other nations surrounding it due to it influencing the trade routes.

Either could apply or even both, either way the next chapter is gonna be hype! Also these two might not be actually speculations from me and already explained before and I just forgot it.

Dex-chan lover
@cubera The website says that the translations are mostly done but that he wouldn't be at his computer until Sept 4th and to expect an update on the 5th or 6th.

Contributor
I don't know if I'm happy to see this manga go down the "darker and edgier" route but, damn, it seems like it's going to do so with oodles of anti-hero style.

...But seriously, though, that soon-to-be-dead army is mostly just gonna be guys doing their jobs, two wrongs don't make a left and all that. :/

Users who are viewing this thread