Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Merciless

I've read the WN long time ago and now im at Chapter 401 (latest) and i dont remember any of this extra scene and characters whats going on

Zestumetsu Evolution....
Anyone who gets this reference is a valid person

What the hell Rimuru?! What about those children? Does your own words mean nothing now?

@mrcat25 well that makes sense....
also for those who cant wait for next chapter becus of this cliphangers, try reading the WN i believe its at ch 70 which is better (in my opinion) than manga

Fed-Kun's army
@Leo80221 Megiddo was described like this in the light novel. Here's a quote from the light novel:
"Dancing, swirling rays of light rained down from the heavens, repeatedly reflecting and refracting near the ground and plunging through the knights before they could react.
There would be no opening bell to signal the beginning of the quiet massacre."
It is then further described in the novel. Rimuru is using the droplets that are closer to the ground as miniature lenses(that evaporate from the heat when the rays pass through them) to redirect in any direction Rimuru wants. Then Rimuru can also instantly make more of those droplets form where he needs them to be. The rays are literally rays of concentrated light as if through a magnifying glass, being congregated by tons of large lenses high in the sky, bringing them further down through more and more lenses. At which point the rays are sent in several directions, following the paths made by the small droplets.
As said by Razen, this isn't an actual magic attack that relies on magicules. The ray is 100% natural light, and light rays obviously move in straight lines.

Also, let's not forget the Anti-Magic Field barrier that Rimuru cast on the entire army, to stop the mages from finding ways to defend themselves from the light rays. As for the droplets, it's possible to use magic even within Anti-Magic Fields, but only if you're powerful enough. That's the entire reason why Rimuru could enter his city even when it had an anti-magic barrier on it that also blocks monsters from entering and leaving it(since they have tons of magicules in them).

I'm not sure how you envisioned Megiddo when you read the novel, but this is how it was described.

Fed-Kun's army
The death of the possessed dude was the most satisfying although it was short. Old man didn't have a chance to act and he was acting as if he was the real shit.

Fed-Kun's army
@blueraine21 @mrcat25 Why read the web novel when the light novel translation is already beyond this point? Believe me, the light novel version is quite different and much better. I liked this arc (and the next two arcs) a lot in the web novel, but they are much better in the light novel version.

It's easy to find PDFs of the official translation by YenPress for volumes 1 to 6, just google it (if you can't find it, add "vn-meido" in the search bar along with the title of the series). This arc is in volume 5 and the next one in volume 6. For those, I recommend reading the official translation.
Then for volumes 7 and 8, there's already a complete fan translation of them and the translation for those two volumes is pretty good. I highly recommend it.(though I still recommend the offical translation by YenPress for volume 6 since the fan TL of it isn't that good).
Here's the link to the blog for the fan translation of volumes 7, 8 and onward (they are currently working on volume 9): https://tensurafan.home.blog/light-novel/

Users who are viewing this thread