Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 14 Ch. 67 - Demon of Respect and Affection

@uzee He learned thanks to Great Sage analyzing the spell that was used to summon a Lesser Daemon during the B-class adventurer test for Rimuru. Then, Great Sage's analysis allowed him to be able to just period summon Daemons, not just Lesser Daemons.

Hahaha "only three"
Not surprised to see him summon a one of a kind demon

Fed-Kun's army
Remind me of Starcraft Zerg campaign when you have to protect Kerrigan in chrysalis for 15 mins so she can reborn and wreck shit.

to this point, no single character either WN, LN, Mg curious who name the squishy slime, Rimuru. (from what story goes, names monsters need to have someone with higher levels to named them)

Dex-chan lover
I wonder
if Shion will still get the insanely overpowered 'cook' skill that she got in the web novel. She wanted her cooking to tast good. But it was literally so bad the system had to give her an ability to alter the existence of objects in reality to make it edible, lol. Which she then used to reset other things. Like the 'healed' state of people to be missing their limbs, so no amount of magic could ever return them.

Aggregator gang
Meanwhile, I just thinking the doggo run through the forest to tempest city for 30 day or so. 🤣

@Sancturil you are confusing their nobility rank and their evolution rank. someone already telling you that in slime wiki, why you still saying that??

funny how all talk about the three summones daemons
but no one about rimiru playing helmet/head on Ranga...
his horns poking through him and in one frame it looks as if he has rangas ears... 🤣🤣

nevertheless. nice "casual" sommuning rimiru... best things happens when he does not give too much thoughts into his doing

question i have: why did rimiru spend souls to summon them ? didn't he need them to evolve to demon lord ? or did he "just" need the +10k killed humans ?

Fed-Kun's army
@Sancturil
I have the official translation LN here and looked trough Volume 7 and the only time there is talk about the Demon Peer is when Diablo talks to Battlesage/Great Saint Saare and there he only says that he has completed his evolution to an Demon Peer, but without any indication that he already was one when he was summoned.

I cant talk about the furigana ect stuff, i have to trust the official translation in that, as i am not able to speak or read any japanese at all, but i dont know why you get over that in such detail anyway, since we agree on that point, yes, Diablo could have become an Demon Peer himself, as you explained, trough holding his magicules at maximum for a long time and as said, the Demon Peer is, while maybe in power similar, something inherently different from the "real demon lord" rimuru elvoved to. On the other hand "Demon Duke" and stuff is just a title, that indicates that that one is special/stronger than normal, but not some sort of evolution in itself. So, no disagreement there

What we have is the differing opinion about Diablo being Arch Demon or Demon Peer when summoned and i couldnt find any clue in Volume 7 that said he evolved before he was named, only that he evolved, which is obvious at that point.
However, in Volume 6, when Rimuru mets one of Guys follower Maids, which are Demon Peers, he ponders about her strength and the way to trigger the evolution (since it is "special" and not only a "enough energy" thing), saying that it was him for diablo who triggered it, and in Volume 5, when Rimuru names him Diablo, Raphael reports "The individual Diablo was an Arch Demon" when Rimuru wonders about the used Energy, while DIablo himself gets a cocoon around him, preparing for his evolution (plus the use of "was" would point to an ongoing evolution right now?)

So, right now i dont see any indication that he evolved before he was named, on the contrary, it would be weird that Raphael called him an Arch Demon before naming, since he should be the one who knows the best aside from diablo himself.

Extra Point about the "families", is ever mentioned that the progenitors "rule" over the families? I do remember that they share certain characteristics (like, that the black ones are all... a bit weird, like diablo, differing from the normal "power hungry" demons, but its not as if Guy Crimson has every Demon of the Red, Green and Blue Families under control right? :eek:

@halloween20 He killed around 20.000 soldiers, but the LN translation talks about bodies in the summoning, not souls, so it seems its only about the bodies, not the souls anyway.

Double-page supporter
@halloween20 from how I understand it from the WN he used the bodies of the dead(not their souls) to create bodies for the demons, but I could be wrong.

Supporter
So good! And progress finally! Must...resist...reading...novel...
Thanks for the chapter!

@halloween20 The MC used the dead bodies to create bodies for the greater demons. The MC is using 1k+ souls to evolve because he needs to evolve in order to revive everyone who died, he managed to prevent the souls from departing and only needs to repair the bodies and return their souls which only a demon lord can do.

what rimuru called upon the world? tough luck buddy, he's loyal as fvck anyway

Users who are viewing this thread