Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 16 Ch. 72 - Swirling Conspiracy

@EnaLikesThis

The fact that Millim is one the oldest True Demon Lord, the second seat in Octagram, and the only one graded Special S-Class besides Guy Crimson is not just for show

You called her as a precious child is like saying Netero a preschool shota ^^!

@Doomer The reason why the dragons don't rule things is because of 2 reasons:
1- They don't care. Veldora(4th True Dragon) just goes around doing his own thing, 3rd True Dragon(named
Velgrind
) is also doing her own thing (
helping her True Hero human husband from the background for over 2000 years, he's the emperor of the Eastern Empire
), 2nd True Dragon (named
Velzad
) is also doing her own thing (
living in the Northen Continent, which is a in its entirety a frozen uninhabitable wasteland because she doesn't restrain her magicule aura, and she's the friend and second-in-command of the 1st Demon Lord who also lives there
). For the 1st True Dragon (
Veldanava, father of Milim
),
he lost most of his raw power upon Milim's birth(with her getting it) and also lost his immortality from that, then he got killed and part of his soul reincarnated as the baby dragon that became Milim's pet(the one whose death is what caused Milim to become a Demon Lord)

2- There are other beings in the world are are on par with True Dragons. Such as Milim(2nd Demon Lord) and adult form Ramiris(3rd Demon Lord and Fairy Queen). Others also include:
- the
1st Demon Lord(
Guy Crimson, also known as Rouge, the Primordial Red Daemon Progenitor
)
- the
4th Demon Lord(
Dagruel, the Titan from the Age of Dawn who used to guard the Gates of Heaven
)
- the
6th Demon Lord(
Dino, a Fallen Seraphim who used to be the strongest angel
)
- the female True Hero who sealed Veldora and trained Shizu
- a certain
male ancient True Hero(
the emperor of the Eastern Empire and husband of the 3rd True Dragon
)

@mimisan The Yen Press LN translation is the one we follow the least though, since their terms sound rather clunky at times and sometimes stray too far off the original meaning and the official manga translation usually gets the things better. For example, the official LN TL uses the "Control X" pattern, but the actual meaning is something along the lines of "X operation/manipulation", so we went with the official manga TL pattern by Kodansha USA who usally refer to these kinds of Skills as "X Manipulation", hence rather than "Control Laws" we use "Law Manipulation", since that's how the official manga will probably translate it anyway.

Some of what we use is also based on the LN FanTL style, or Shurim's/Jesterly's scanlation, though when appropiate we use our own terms as well.

And to add to that: Yen Press made some terrible translation mistakes with LN vol. 5, escpacially those "character profiles" at the end, I remember I counted more than 10 errors within them, the probably worst and unforgivable one being that they mistakenly displayed Diablo's Unique Skills as Ultimate Skills instead.

Also would the people here please stop talking about these far-off contents? Especially the ones who bring up the WN, because those should be treated as spam as they aren't even real spoilers since several of the things mentioned there won't ever happen in this manga, period, even if it maybe gets to the equivalent events in 120+ chapters in 10+ years.
Please face reality: The Web Novel version is not canon or in any way, shape, or form relevant to the manga. The first major deviation of the story that will make the Web Novel readers who didn't read the Light Novel version go ballistic happens at the end of the upcoming "The Octagram Soars Brightly" arc that starts with the next chapter. Maybe then you'll finally realize that the WN vs LN/manga/anime are completely different story continuities. Too bad I'll have to wait for over a year for that... Though having that deviation happen around the same time between manga and anime would make it even better. Wouldn't be surprised if that's maybe even intentional by the producers/publishers to get older WN readers to read the LN.

A very well, so I guess that Uriel is gonna be needed to seal Milim for a bit.

I was surprised how Diablo "accidentally" killed clayman's subordinate by changing the trajectory of that fire spell

Dex-chan lover
Aahh, I see this place still hasn't changed. Half the posts are just a single spoiler button, a quarter of the posts are making comparisons to the LN. Spent like 10 minutes blocking a bunch of people.

Hopefully it'll only be a chapter or two before I finally filter them all out.

@mimisan Don't act like everyone reads the LN, what an egocentrically phrased request... And they're under no obligation to change their translations just for your convenience. Yet another block...

"Friends" ?
I was sure it would have introduced himself as "Brothers" seeing as that was the basis for their Tempest names.

Thanks for the translation! I think my biggest problem with stories like this (but this one in particular as of late) is that while the battles will be sure to get bigger, there's no tension. Rimiru is sure to outclass his next opponent, he can now resurrect fallen allies, he has a new skill that seems perfect for sealing and not killing Milim, and he can even create a new body for Veldora if something happens to him. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy the story but it's hard for me to feel any threat to the heroes and the citizens of Tempest when almost every negative outcome can be negated with his skills, but maybe that's just me.

Dex-chan lover
@Songblade7 well you're right, there will be bigger battles. The cool battles filled with tension won't be for a while tbh. Scaling is an issue here like with any other isekai.

Wish they would stop drawing rimuru in his human form so much. I don't remember the novel ever showing off Rimuru in his human form this much. Why stray away from the novel's premise when the slime form is so cute and appealing.

veldora: you must be confused about our relationship: we are (just 😉 ) friends
friends, romans, countrymen: friends???? What is one of those????

@hokujin its probably since the evolution from slime to demon lord slime, no?
yes I do agree with you that the slime one is cute, and only have eye brows :))

I cant wait to see all the surprise expression when they meet veldora as rimuru's friends :">

Thankyou for translating this <3

Dex-chan lover
hahahah suffer suffer!!
SnRrCGe.png

how dare you!!!
OnNVLYJ.png

Users who are viewing this thread