Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 16 Ch. 73 - The Majins' Scheme

@IrregularPerson No, Clayman is a Demon Lord, an unawakened "Demon Lord Seed", just like what the Orc Lord evolved into when he became the Orc Disaster. We know that Clayman is one, because someone needs to be one to even be able to make use of souls to become a True Demon Lord to begin with.

As explained in chapter 60, Rimuru himself reached that level when he absorbed the Orc Disaster, but because the information for Laplace and Clayman got cut off, they never knew about the Orc Lord evolving into an Orc Disaster, so they probably just assumed from that that Rimuru was at around Gelmud's or the Orc Lord's pre-evolution level at best.

Then during the Charybdis fight, due to Charybdis' magic interference, no one's power could really be properly measured (plus it ended up being finished off by Milim in the end) and Rimuru never really lets out his full power otherwise, so Rimuru unintentionally duped Clayman's observation like that without even noticing, causing Clayman to just view Rimuru as only a "Majin" still all that time, that probably also caused Yuuki's and Laplace's information about Rimuru to be wrong. Yuuki only exchanged as single kick with Rimuru after all, so they can't really read him all that well.

In the end Hinata was still stronger than Rimuru at the time of the ambush, but Souei's presence and Rimuru's instant reaction of setting up an insurance ended up saving him savely, now with quite some intel of Hinata's abilities and the church's most high-level battle tactics like that Holy Field, then Rimuru got rid of the Farmus army and then Diablo even "accidently" redirected Razen's Nuclear Magic against Clayman's observer in the sky, and also got duped about by Myuran's death the moment Rimuru was aware of Clayman's actions, so Clayman's information warfare was a cluster of bad luck and overconfidence that resulted in this situation where Clayman becomes more and more blind to what's going on in Tempest due to losing two of his most stealthy agents.

Basically Rimuru got dragged into these plans likely because he seemed too weak (Clayman, Yuuki and Kazaream might have changed their minds otherwise and chosen a different target instead), but that fact also ended up saving Rimuru's and the other Tempestians' lives as Tempest at full power really was nothing to scoff at, especially if they started bringing back the Orc Army in the long run, Farmus would still lose eventually, they never had any chance of winning, but Yuuki's group and Clayman didn't know anything about that.

All this is information from the manga, btw.

@Gakamis
Rimuru was aware in the LN as well, he just "pretended he saw nothing" in regards to the torture and didn't actually talk to the Farmus King, just silently looked at him.

Thanks for the hard work translating many of us readers appreciate the hard work you translators put into this website

Dex-chan lover
@GreyZone looks like I need to reread the manga, I didn't catch any of that.
@Gakamis glad to hear about the novel. I really like both the manga and the novel as independent works as they have their own impressions (not to mention my goldfish memory is reinforced with the second coming of information)

Double-page supporter
We ain't pulling no punches now huh? Rimaru has embraced his demonlord persona fully.
Yuki dude bad guy twist was a nice one. Man turned out to be a bigger manipulater than Clayman. Guess Rimaru will have to fight him at some point in the future but for now I'm just waiting for Milim vs now demonlord Rimaru rematch.

Dex-chan lover
can someone spoil me about this Laplace guy? why his president mention that he cant be killed? is there something relate to him being called "Laplace"? because as i know Laplace is a kind of demon that complete knowledge of the universe at any particular time allows one to perfectly predict the future and flawlessly retrace the past

Is yuki a bad guy now? I really liked h before... Well even if he wasn't he intentionaly leaked information wich lead to that king attacking them The fact that he didn't know he was that strongeans he was fine with casualties also our secretary ended up dying.. Kind of so even if he turns out to not be a bad guy it would be hard to forgive what he did no? I haven't read this in so long I might not be on the right track?

Double-page supporter
@Barbon Yuuki is the bad guy. He not only leaked information about Tempest’s wealth to Falmas so the king would try and take over the country, he also presumably shared what Rimuru’s human form looked like to the Hinata and who Rimuru “killed” to obtain that form; seeing as anyone else who would know of this information would keep it secret (Brumund Kingdom and Yuurazania) or they aren’t friendly with/don’t have connections to the Western Saints Church (Yuurazania, Brumund Kingdom, and Clayman), and or doesn’t know how the human form came to be (Clayman and Yuurazania).

@Whatami999 that's fucked up ... I wonder why he did that thou? I am sure he has an objective what is he aiming for is what I am curious about. also, I hope Rimuru finds out his true self soon or it will be really frustrating ..

Double-page supporter
@Barbon to quote the chapter: "The eccentric with twisted ambitions, and sporting the public facade of Grand-Master. Yuuki Kagurazaka-Dono." In the end we probably won't know for a little while (unless you or me decided to read the light novels). But all I know is that it's not going to be pleasant for the world. Especially with who it seems he's allied with I.E. Clayman (as it seems Yuuki was trying to help his awakening) and The Moderate Clown Trope. It also worries even me with those who seem mostly clueless to his evil I.E. The Western Saints Church (Hinata particularly) and Rimuru.

@Whatami999 I see ... well know I am sooo excited how this will turn out I am so hyped probably not a good idea at 00:18 at night 😅 thank u for taking the time and replying I appreciate it also your pfp is cool

Double-page supporter
@Barbon no problem! I enjoyed this thread myself and I'm glad I increased your excitement/hype for this (seeing as I'm very hyped myself, especially with the anime getting a new season this fall). Thanks, I think my icon is cool too.

@zeever
bunshin/clone technique like souei, also between other moderate troupes right now, he's probably the strongest, likely reaching demon lord level (not true/awakened demon lord level like rimuru right now mind you)

Users who are viewing this thread