Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 17 Ch. 79 - Battle

@Svarna Not really a spoiler but a long comment/answer that has to do with my own analysis of their world lore on race and fertility and what I remember when I read the novel a long time ago.
If I remember right most monster goes along with the inverted relationship between fertility and longevity.
Because of the naming system, most subordinate became extremely powerful alongside more longevity (partly attributed to their race evolution and partly to the power Rimuru shared and gave them with the name). The supporting factor is that longer-lived races and the immortal ones are usually not that numerous for a good reason despite not dying as much (baring demons who I don't count as they come from another plane of existence).

Compared to their short-lived counterparts they should be considered way less fertile, but many of them should be living for as long or longer than humans (in some cases they are virtually immortal in term of life span by not showing any aging degradation unless they get wounded or killed by external factor).

That infertility can also be explained by a lower drive to reproduce (instead of just a low fertilisation chance) since the longer lived-races are in no hurry to find partners to make children since they have way longer to live.

Example (not a spoiler just using the hidden feature to avoid making comment longer)
The difference is more visible in monsters like Goblins, with they being usually short-lived with high-reproductivity to counter their short-lives they had to hurry up and make children before they become too old which could happens in a few years. For them this is a critical issue to keep their race/people alive they have to reproduce fast and many times over to compensate for their short life-span and high likelihood of dying as they are bottom feeders.

The goblin elder who was at the end of his life span as a goblin had his life extended to the life span of a named hobgoblin whose normal lifespan is similar to that of a human (he went from having lived 9/10 of his lifespan to a body who is at 3/10 of his lifespan (made up numbers to make a visible example of the glaring difference in lifespan Rimuru naming them made)).
As such most Goblin went from being outlived by a human teenager to having the same lifespan which made them basically infertile by Goblin standard but should be about the same compared to a standard of similar life span.

In that example I'd even guess that it still apply to those who stayed normal Goblin in race but got real strong (like Gobuta as an example), despite not having changed race he is basically overflowing with power compared to most unnamed creature which I'd guess would still make him live way longer than a normal Goblin life span as it means his body would be healthier for way longer than normal.

Then we go in for an example that is a spoiler:
Some monster under Rimuru are infertile because they are the sole member of their own species. In some case like Zegion who is a mutated beetle (mutation cause by Rimuru using his own slime flesh to heal it), they are the only living member of a species they became as they become the first of that species and his too far removed in term of biology to cross-breed realistically with another's (not that I think Zegion would mind that he can't leave offspings).

Fed-Kun's army
@Svarna The thing causing infertility isn't the Naming, but instead it happens once a monster evolves beyond the need for physical body functions. For example, Treyni as a dryad already didn't have reproductive capabilities with her humanoid form, but her tree could reproduce like a tree. Now without her tree, she has become even more so a Spiritual Life-form, and thus can no longer reproduce, period. Out of all of the monsters that have been named by Rimuru so far, the only ones who cannot reproduce right now are the ones who have reach the point where they've become spiritual life-forms.
For examples:
Diablo and Veldora have both always been 100% Spiritual Life-forms, with them only creating physical bodies for themselves with magicules since at their core, their real form is as just living souls without bodies. Beretta is the same, with his current physical body(the doll) only being an anchor for himself in the physical realm to host his soul/Spiritual Body. Veldora's old body was one that he had created himself with magicules and his new body is one that is simply a clone body of Rimuru (but without Rimuru's control of it) that Veldora remodeled to look like his own humanoid appearance that he feels most comfortable with (aka the one he could take in the past when taking humanoid form). Diablo's current case is one where his physical body was created through the sacrifice of almost all the corpses of the human army that was destroyed by Rimuru (the rest of the corpses were used for the bodies of the two other summoned daemons). That's why the bodies all "mysteriously disappeared" as the rumor goes.
So far those 3 and the Dryads are the only ones connected to Rimuru who cannot reproduce. Other than that, disregarding the fact that Slimes cannot reproduce to begin with, the evolution to a True Demon Lord that Rimuru went through is one that includes becoming a Spiritual Life-form, meaning that if the one who becomes one used to be able to procreate, he/she will no longer be able to do so after becoming a True Demon Lord.

Dex-chan lover
Don't you love it when Clayman's plan goes to shit.
I cannot wait for the next chapter. Hopefully he finds out he had no good cards to begin with

Life-spirit form cant reproduce. You need sperm and egg to create a baby.
Remember 1st biology about "making a baby"

True Dragon have physical form ( veldavana ex )
Demon = i dont know, there no info about them
Most of rimuru underling have physical form except Diablo

Benimaru can have spring with momiji, but he cant have spring again after evolved to True Demon Lord which Spirit-Form. thats why alvis cant have a baby with benimaru.
because benimaru still a kijin before make a love with momiji, but evolved to true demon lord after that and married to alvis.

True Demon lord = Life spirit form. because Voice of World involved here.
its different with proclaim demon lord ( clayman, karion, frey )
we know it because Voice of World is rules in this reincarnation

@Svarna i think you refer to
when Benimaru evolved into a true demon lord after being granted 100k souls by rimuru. The system temporarily suspended his evolution because he would no longer be able to reproduce once he evolved. After smashing
hakurou's daughter and alvis
he evolved and lost his ability to reproduce

Dex-chan lover
Double chapter let's goooo, can't wait for 80. Also, some fun fight scenes incoming!

o man i forgot why is this battle happening XD
i think slime is in meeting with demon lord while the tempest are protecting them self right ...
i guess i will read 10 ch back again

Users who are viewing this thread