Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 18 Ch. 81 - The Wight King

Eyyy Shuna getting some action! If I remember correctly, as it has been three years, I believe in the WN, Shuna barely had any screentime when it came to fights. It's nice to see a change such as this, thanks mangaka and team!

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes. Aladaman. Another +1 to Rimuru's crusade force and church.

@kimeraspacial

Gaia. Millim's attempt to resurrect her dead pet. It was a massive failure since there was no soul

I wanna see rimuru wipe the floor so fucking bad with clay man I skipped most of the dam chapter🤦🏽‍♂️

So a question for the LN/WN readers. Is there any point in the story where the protagonists/main cast actually have to struggle to progress in power? The story is fine and all but these power escalations and subsequent fights lack any sort of weight for me, the characters get stronger without any visible sort of effort so it all feels like unearned flashess of coolness.

Dont get me wrong, its still a fun read and I'm not dissing it, its fine the way it is but I just think it could be so much more interesting if the characters actually had to overcome themselves to improve. I guess that isn't the point of the story though.

Dex-chan lover
@hall3

So a question for the LN/WN readers. Is there any point in the story where the protagonists/main cast actually have to struggle to progress in power? The story is fine and all but these power escalations and subsequent fights lack any sort of weight for me, the characters get stronger without any visible sort of effort so it all feels like unearned flashess of coolness.

WN? Not especially.

LN? Yes, to a degree. That's one of the things that the LN did a lot to fix from the WN was to lower the Rimuru's power creep by a ton. This whole particular sequence is just Rimuru flexing on everyone to show how he's grown after becoming a demon lord. There is a fight coming up soon-ish (not this story arc, but the one after, IIRC) where he ends up having a somewhat tough fight. There are a couple other scattered fights but for the *most* part, no. Rimuru rarely fights anyone significantly stronger than him because (at least partially) fighting isn't his first choice. Most of the challenge he faces comes from the fact that he can't literally be everywhere at once and has to leave things up to his subordinates at times.

Users who are viewing this thread