Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Dex-chan lover
My problem with this one is that not only does it crib horrendously from Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai which was published in novel form a full year before this, it's just boring and doesn't do anything interesting with the stuff it steals borrows from Tsuki Re;Monster or any other Isekai it's cribbing from.

Isekai is saturated as a genre, but shit. At least add a good twist to it: the twist here was "He's a Slime" and that completely stops mattering by Chapter 11 - it isn't even a disadvantage or inform any more of the character. He might as well just be a T-1000

My problem with this one is that not only does it crib horrendously from Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai which was published in novel form a full year before this, it's just boring and doesn't do anything interesting with the stuff it steals borrows from Tsuki Re;Monster or any other Isekai it's cribbing from.

Isekai is saturated as a genre, but shit. At least add a good twist to it: the twist here was "He's a Slime" and that completely stops mattering by Chapter 11 - it isn't even a disadvantage or inform any more of the character. He might as well just be a T-1000
First off it stole literally nothing from any of those books regardless of whichever came first the way he assimilates power is totally different from the MC of re:monster and quickly deviates from that being the main focus after he get's past a specific point in the story, second the first manga you mentioned has some of the poorest writing i've seen. Infact i've seen many people criticize the stupid situations that happen in the novel for being as stupid as your typical cliche isekai with dumb tropes while this one actually has a full plot that doesn't totally fall apart after the first 20-30 chapters unlike most trash isekai stories do. If you simply don't like the series itself there's no reason to leave a silly opinionated biased take on it being bad because you either want it to do something you consider unique or don't like that other people do like it.

Maybe actually leave logical constructive critiques on the book itself cause god knows the only people who are going to read what you said are just the people that check these comments and you know for a fact that's not the writer of this book themselves rofl.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe actually leave logical constructive critiques on the book itself cause god knows the only people who are going to read what you said are just the people that check these comments and you know for a fact that's not the writer of this book themselves rofl.
What, you mean like you?

I'm not apologizing
by the way. And I can damn well criticize it however I want, but thank you for specifically identifying the copying point yourself I didn't want to go into niche detail

"Eats things and Gains their Powers" - Re:Monster - Yup.
"Has Magical System That Combines Powers as Necessary" - Re:Monster - Yup
"Mana To Spare and then Some" - Tuski - Yup

"It has a plot that doesn't fall apart!" - No, it has the same exact plot as several other Isekai: "I've got this patch of land and Oops I Went All Demon Lord"

I didn't bother going into itemized details because the list goes on

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Read on another site, the translation and image quality here is utter dogshit

Manga is really nice. I'm re-reading in third time. I want a continue! So, I have two questions: How often does each chapter come out and when is the next chapter?

"It has a plot that doesn't fall apart!" - No, it has the same exact plot as several other Isekai: "I've got this patch of land and Oops I Went All Demon Lord"

I didn't bother going into itemized details because the list goes on
What do you mean it has the same exact plot as the other isekais? Did you even read bro? You talk like the manga is just about a powerful slime that eats things, and that's so far from the truth. Slime has impeccable worldbuilding and power system, interesting story, characters and arcs. It's one of the very few isekais that focus on side characters and what is going on around the world and still be very interesting despite the main character not even being important. Comparing it to Tsuki and the other isekais is actually nuts.

Are chapters still going to be posted here or will they stop now that there is an official translation? (I don't live in the USA and I can't access the K-manga app so for me is this or don't reading slime). I'm worried I won't be able to read my favourite manga anymore.

Thanks “Tempest” for the years of scanlating. I’m glad that manga is becoming more mainstream accessible but it’s sad to see you guys done. I’ve been reading for a few years now and have loved all the work you all have provided to us.

Its sad to see them gone, but they have done such and amazing work translating that I will miss the 'unofficial' version tbh

Double-page supporter
So the K Manga app is available in the US now, and unfortunately its point based! I might use it to keep up with this manga, but if you want to buy all chapters up to now, it'll cost almost 15k points and about 8,318 points is $80 usd! So be prepared to pay.

Double-page supporter
So after using the K Manga app for about a week here are my thoughts, noting I'm only using it for this manga. It's ok, but not great. The first 5 or 6 chapters are free, and out can use free "premium tickets" that you get from using the app daily for up to chapter 52 (about where season 1 of the anime ends, just before Fulmer attacks). You seemingly are also give 1 free chapter a day, so you can get about 2 chapters a day after the free ones if you log in daily. Though like SE's app, chapters that are unlock by ticket are only available for about 3 days. That said, it seems like if the chapter is unlocked via their points system, which costs real money, are permanent. So make of this what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread