Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
Apparently it's a thing more specific to kaki, the Japanese persimmon. Based solely on their outward appearance, I always figured persimmons to be similar to tomatoes, so I was thinking that peeling one would be kind of disastrous. But I was wrong, and the flesh is far more solid.
The ones I've had, not sure if they're the Japanese kind or not, but they're a little softer than the walls of tomatoes. But they're about as not necessary to peel, since the skin is about the same.

Very tasty, either way, if you like sweet fruits. I'd recommend trying some if you can get your hands on them.

Dex-chan lover
So I suppose oni's soon?
Will be interesting to learn their side of the story.

Plenty of good reasons, for example having a cat pfp vs a dog pfp. A splendid reason to shed the lubricating blood of the war machine.
Unless the part where oni steal human women to rape and breed them is all human propaganda the author will have a hard time to get the readers to sympathize with them

Dex-chan lover
Apparently it's a thing more specific to kaki, the Japanese persimmon. Based solely on their outward appearance, I always figured persimmons to be similar to tomatoes, so I was thinking that peeling one would be kind of disastrous. But I was wrong, and the flesh is far more solid.
i dont know about Japanese persimmons, but in Cambodia, the persimmons we eat are firm, crunchy almost (not sure if we just eat them before theyre “ripe”), and peeled/skinned

Dex-chan lover
He's going back to the country from the start of the story already? I thought his goal was to rejuvenate the sword style in this country and/or try to find a resolution to the war
Going on the decades-long journey back now seems premature, unless I read it wrong

Dex-chan lover
Fighting isn't how people move forward. Preparing to fight, maybe, but most of all, just living and being curious about the world.
To be fair, that was the Titan talking, Aesir made clear the Titan is beyond conventional morality, so he probably don't even really understand how regular people think and sees the world, he don't  really understand why fighting happens.
Sometimes this manga gives me a sense of melancholy
Pretty sure that's intended reaction lol.

Also, am I the only one disappointed that the place was called Hakurei and we see no Reimu? Almost make me drop the manga! sneers in disgust

Dex-chan lover
I always figured persimmons to be similar to tomatoes, so I was thinking that peeling one would be kind of disastrous. But I was wrong, and the flesh is far more solid.
It depends on the species of persimmon, but yes, many of them are crisp like an apple.
However, if you let them ripen on the tree for long enough, the skin will turn red and the flesh will soften to a jelly or grape-like consistency, and at that point it's like eating honey.

A fully ripe persimmon is so delicious, but they spoil quickly so you can't buy one like that at the grocery store.

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone remind me what's so special about the fruit he gave them?
The Apua Fruit.
A fruit that only grew on Spirit Tree in Elven Forest.
A fruit packed full of Vitality.
The Main ingredient in Rejuvenation Medicine.
A Very Precious Fruit in Human Community.
Just a Snack for the High Elves
Just a Snack for the High Elves

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
Uh they really² ommit a lot of this chapter..
The Journey to the Great Tree and the expression when people saw the Great Tree moved in the Night

Users who are viewing this thread