Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
"I have literally no idea what your situation is or who those people are I just drove off or what you are even doing. I should not get involved in this."

Honestly the smart move when dealing with foreign geopolitics. Don't act until you learn everything you can.

Dex-chan lover
How do you know that? They can have done any number of preparations not shown to the reader.
They have done absolutely nothing so far. Women and children were running around heedlessly when the enemy cavalry attacked, meaning they were perfectly surprised, so they had no lookouts. Now all those folks are sitting in the yurt, witnessing the oracle's talk with Aesir. Instead of packing up their stuff, gathering their animals, or preparing for defensive measures. Sure, most of them in the yurt looked old, but it's not a big town, they should have use for every arm and leg that can move. At the very least, the elders could surely supervise the work, even if younger people did the heavy lifting. Or look after small children so that the parents would be free to do what must be done.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one thinking that as time goes on we might see our MC go insane?

Thanks everyone at XuN for always providing such high quality translations

Dex-chan lover
I like how this comic portrays immortality, by having Aesir be so goddamn weird.

Walk for two months straight? Yeah, fun trip, no biggie. Get entangled in diplomatic incident that might take years to resolve? It’s a hassle, but fine, ugh.

Dex-chan lover
Slightly unrelated but I love the clothing and character designs of this tribal arc. Patterns are so fun

Dex-chan lover
oohhhh it was a volley of compressed air explosives... i get now how they became that rough up.

Damn, I seem to be one of the first ones to comment on this as a Mongolian. They got the gers(yurts) pretty good aside from the door being waay too big(usually one has to bend to roughly waist height in adulthood especially in ones that are only about that size(looks like it has 4-5 walls). Inside main issue I see is that yes the main figure is usually seated on the opposite side of the door but you don’t see someone going between those two supporting pillars as there will usually be a furnace in modern days or further back then would be a special/traditional hearth as well as there being a few taboos that forbid people from going between or spinning around them(Mongolians utilize taboos in child raising a lot). Being a bit nitpicky would be that the roof columns are notched on top of the walls by design so draping things over the walls inside the ger is impractical but also even if they did, in this instance the core idea of the roof columns are not reflected anymore in the illustrations and look like they are directly connect to the walls like western style houses, more proper ways of decorating inside is the utilization of carpets with intricate designs almost like paintings being hung on the wall. Speaking of core ideas I was educated that Mongolian gers are always built with the door facing towards the south but am not aware of how far back these traditions go. I’m not gonna comment on the clothing as they are not generally what you would expect from a Mongol tribe and the author probably took some liberties for the sake of visual appeal. The name Tseleng definitely strikes a similarity to some other names especially Selenge which is a name shared by one of the 3 major rivers near the current capital, personally am not quite sure on what the meaning or origin of the name may be(so there is a chance the former may be the older version of the latter) but the combination of Ts is a singular letter in Mongolian and is definitely a good choice to include a name that has it when going for a similarity to Mongol tribes. That’s all for now, back to moping about the last few chapters 😭
Edit: also should mention fences are really impractical for nomadic tribes lol

Users who are viewing this thread