Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
I love the uno reversal of the "I MAKE THE RULES BC AM OLD". Well kiddos, you're talking to a man over three times your age.

GOOD LUCK pulling that silly trick lmao.

Very curious to see how this gets resolved though, i see some foreshadowing towards him maybe teaching both kids but maybe could also simply knee cap the fire nation so it at least isnt completely gutting all surrounding settlements in the near future.

Supporter
image.png
image.png
image.png

The common saying of "things aren't exactly as they seem" may still apply in the possible foreshadowing. My own supposition being whether by influence of her own village elders (as it appears our young flame child is), or by her own ambition / desire for revenge / insert other motive here; Tseleng may have her own inclinations towards conquest of Dahlia.

Ugh those old people are annoying...
Agreed, but I feel it's at least if not more apt to apply that to our opposing village.

Dex-chan lover
Just like the old bitter men in our world, their desired method of conflict resolution is utter annihilation of the opposing party.
The young ones will bear the burden of retaliation and eventually fall to the same spiral of anger and hatred. Ugh, humans.

At least the author is depicting our ugliness here well.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of nice having a character carefully trying to balance his own thoughts and desires against others, and figuring out a way to get a result he wants, even if it is just technically bare minimum of what others want. No shoehorning the main character into doing things against their will.

That being stated, thinking about it, he has also matured quite a bit as a character. Sort of a wandering sage now, but looks too young for anyone to listen to him. Think he'll learn some sort of illusion magic or something down the road?

Dex-chan lover
I love the uno reversal of the "I MAKE THE RULES BC AM OLD". Well kiddos, you're talking to a man over three times your age.

GOOD LUCK pulling that silly trick lmao.

Very curious to see how this gets resolved though, i see some foreshadowing towards him maybe teaching both kids but maybe could also simply knee cap the fire nation so it at least isnt completely gutting all surrounding settlements in the near future.
Remind tou of that episode from GATE when Rory Mercury tell the Congress's that they are a mere child before her 964 years of life

Dex-chan lover
Just like the old bitter men in our world, their desired method of conflict resolution is utter annihilation of the opposing party.
The young ones will bear the burden of retaliation and eventually fall to the same spiral of anger and hatred. Ugh, humans.

At least the author is depicting our ugliness here well.
The older you get, the more you realize that problems are better solved COMPLETELY…and that the best way to solve a SENTIENT problem is usually by completely annihilating it. After all, no one wants a round 2 with a G,right?

Dex-chan lover

I'm expecting Aesir to stick around for a bit to teach the two children how to use and control their power (Tseleng because wind spirit's request, fire child because eh why not time to re-educate him to not by a tyrant) so that even after he left Tseleng will have the ability to protect herself.
During that time, Tseleng will have plenty of opportunities to befriend/charm/tame/whip fire child.

Years later the two can get married and become head of tribal alliance that ensure the tribes don't pull the Dahlia backstab shit on each other.
Then it might be revealed this has been Tseleng's 'vengeance': to get everything Dahlia wanted and watch as they struggle since their previous lifestyle was supported by their raiding of others which will be banned under her rule.

Dex-chan lover
There was this scene from a nature documentary/video where they showed the effect of an older bull elephant being reintroduced into a herd without one.

Without one, the younger males get ornery/go into musth, and start harassing others, namely female elephants, the kids, and rhinoceroses.

When the bull elephant was introduced, it immediately checked the younger one by punting/lifting him a few feet with just his trunk, surprising the younger because he was hefty and thought he was all that.

All in all, Aesir's the oldest bull elephant right now, and he likely needs to put those whippersnappers in check

Users who are viewing this thread