That Inferior Knight, Lv. 999 - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.5 - That Boy, The Strongest Yet Oblivious to the World (5)

Dex-chan lover
i feel like even asian parent mentality isn't this bad. At best to not make the child complacent they'd instill a 'as expected of you' policy instead of the 'everyone else is better' policy these idiot parents are using.

Dex-chan lover
at first i thought they were just acting like that to raise him to be humble but also motivate him but no they are actually crazy...

Dex-chan lover
"i'm afraid to let him go to the peaceful town, for there's suddenly LUCIFER come out and attack him"

this is what happen when you started on last boss area and suddenly go to beginner town thinking it more dangerous.....

Dex-chan lover
These crazy martial artists, yet doting parents...

At least Yuan is a good, sincere boy. That's also backfired though.

From what I see, they're a bit different than the typical Asian parents. It feels more like it's 100% care rather than 70% care and 30% fame for themselves kind of way. At least in my community, the Asian parents mentality is all about bring "fame" to their family rather than simply being about the child.

Dex-chan lover
This is exactly why parents should not overestimate or underestimate their children's capabilities.

Double-page supporter
How to give a child self esteem issues 101, if this was actually realistic being told that everyone else is better all the time would probably make him depressed.

Dex-chan lover
A praise that comes after this kind of condemnation is not a praise at all. It is mental abuse. It is a method to create dependency of the child on the parental figure whilst utterly ruining the child's ego.

It is horrible and should be called as thus.

Double-page supporter
well I'll bet that the town hes going to is gonna get fucked real hard

Dex-chan lover
What if Lucifer suddenly appears Lmao

also I guess destroying you kids ego via mental abuse is a way to ensure your kid doesn't get cocky, i guess. its still messed up tho.

Fed-Kun's army
And this my friends, is how you raise someone if you want them to turn into a dictator.

Users who are viewing this thread