That Inferior Knight, Lv. 999

Fed-Kun's army
It’s just about some clueless op boy. And a powerful female knight. There’s nothing much to it other than that.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun
also the writing is bad. Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari has essentally the same premise but is SO MUCH better.

The thing that makes me uncomfortable about this manga is how borderline abusive the parents are. The reason his delusions of weakness are so strong are because his crazy parents kept beating it into his head that he's useless so "he doesn't get complacent" it's actually painful to read.... They gave him so little opportunity to be able to relate to the other characters...

@MerchantMarx
Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari
the fuck with that long title. but yeah it's so much better than this, even got anime recently. still, this manga worth a read for a refreshment.

so when will he learn that he is strong? its not dense, its not stupidity, its not idiocy , its waaaayyyy far beyond that. its a mirracle that he can understand how to eat food , with that lv of brain. ermm, he can eat like other living being right?
and yess i only read till chap 7 and give up .
f.

This is so dumb but entertaining enough for me to continue reading. Kinda like a dumpster fire: complete garbage but you just can’t take your eyes off of it.

Fed-Kun's army
It’s so bad it’s good. I don’t know why it’s so appealing to read a manga about some op kid who thinks he’s below average in power and magic compared to everyone else, yet he’s just obliterates everything in his path.

I’m not very sure how to rate this one.
The ratings are bad, but it’s actually a pretty mediocre manga. The art is good, and the story is akin to “Suppose a kid from the last dungeon boonies moved to the starter town.”
It’s more of a comedy, and his OPness is fine in my book because the story turns it into a joke.
I’d recommend giving it a read, 7/10

But so this is pretty much “Kenja no Mago” but dumber seeing as booth MCs are very strong but this one is dumb as dogshit

Dex-chan lover
@Pirate-Pierate : the ratings are mostly edgelord incels who hate on everything Japanese not full of murder, death and/or gore. Plus people who do not understand that this is a comedy first, not an action series.

@Shut-In-Otaku : this is not an isekai.

@Musmumriken : there is a difference between dumb and been deliberately lied to for a decade, by people he should 100% expect to be able to trust as reliable sources of that information, with no one actually bothering to correct his misunderstandings. The MC is literally a poster child for the results of propaganda at its worst, and how it abuses human psychology. Dumb is the people who echo-chamber themselves by only referring to information sources that confirm their biases and the ones who keep narrowing down the sources of information to strengthen the echo chamber and deny reality. MC is not that he is still a kid and young enough that believing his parents have been telling him the truth is 100% appropriate, plus they are his only source of information so he has not been restricting his information.

Do not trust the ratings. This manga is pretty good if you give it the chance. When going into it, don't take it too seriously, and relax. It'll be way more enjoyable that way (and if the manga doesn't take itself seriously, then why should you?).

Dex-chan lover
In this case.... DO trust the ratings... And don't even start...

yeah, yeah.. I get how the MC has a distorted sense of "common sense" . It's also the only gimmick the author uses, reinforced by constant flashbacks that are "supposed" to make sense.
The MC has gone through puberty without developing even a single shred of independence or individuality, and displays a denseness and outright stupidity that indicates the single brain cell he does posess is made of high grade Plotanium.

As for humor or comedy... Where? Other than the juxtaposition of overpowered gormless MC v/s World, which has been done far, far better, there's literally nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread