The 31st Consort - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1

mwhahaha, I love how savage Feria is with her words!
Can't wait to see more shocked snob faces 🤣

Dex-chan lover
G15.jpg

What did he mean by unsavoury, any refernce to the previous chapter?

Dex-chan lover
@lenovoaxioo (I'm too lazy to reread because sleep is nice) but ya I think she was the one who he told would never win because of her attitude or something similar.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta love a prince that sees the real value in being humble and kind.
Unlike the Marquise daughter that blatantly boasted and misused her family's power to gain favor, which backfired most splendid.

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty blatant favoritism, but considering how none of the other ladies seem to pay any attention to what the king actually says, it's only fair.

I'm...not sure how genuine Feria is being with Earthworm Lady in her thanks, but it sure feels sincere.

Dex-chan lover
Macron:
giphy.gif
@Sharkexpert12 Earthworm Lady was particularly disliked, and known for her screeching and refusal to accept the process. (she even coincidentally interrupted another consort's day, I think it was the one she is shown to have broken here.)

I feel like even that 8 year old consort had a better chance of getting the position.

I honestly like the ML's character here, unlike most MLs from other stories that has the same theme.

Double-page supporter
@Psychronia while I agree the favoratism is Blatant, it's also done fairly in a manner. The other Consorts had the opportunity to act in such a manner more fitting to the King, none of them did. While they can say he did it because he knew she would be better suited toward the Casual environment, none of them took the time to suit themselves to the environment stated in the invitation. They presented him the opportunity to show his favoritism on a a silver platter. Additionally the winner of this will be whoever the King Chooses, The elders probably can try and sway him but in the end the result will be down to favoritism in the end anyway.

As to the Earthworm stuff, I'm sure she's grateful for the earthworms, but thanking in such a way that is damaging to Mamili.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia
This. This contest is bloody rigged, if he already make a decision continuing this charade should only make the other girls (and their family) pissed.

Double-page supporter
@luminary it's stated early on he doesn't make the rules, He's stuck in this charade just like all the consorts. It's also not completely pointless to continue, As it allows them to build connections with the king and the future queen. One family sent an 8 year old. I doubt they expect her to be picked, but it allows them to play the game and do politicking.

Aggregator gang
Earthworm lady brought her dad to the tea party, really?
Who's 8 years old again?

Double-page supporter
@AkiTooru sorry it was a 7 Year Old she was shown on page 6 of chapter 2.1. She's the 1st Consort. Evidently her country has a weird way of selecting Consorts

If you remember these ladies had like two months to get on the King's good side before the 31st consort even got her chance to see him. They screwed their chance up.

Edit: After rereading, all the characters keep saying there's three months until the king can see feria. So these ladies had three months to get on his good side. Three months!

at this point he should straight up marry feria. Rest of them had their chance but they fucked up real bad especially the earthworm chick

Dex-chan lover
First renamed to earthworm lady and then openly reprimanded by the king, she should realize she's a secondary character by now

Users who are viewing this thread