The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 15 Ch. 73 - Nothing venture, nothing have. III

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the quick translations! It's been such a treat to read them all so soon compared to when they would get up every few months. Please keep up the good work!!

Feelin so spoiled with all these chapters in one day! Guessing that Philomela's familiar thing has the book inside it.

YOOOOOOOOOOO ITS A WHOLE BUILT DIFFERENT!! DANGG!!!! UPDATES DO BE COMING IN

This makes me wonder. Does Chise have a accent especially a significant one. Based off of translations/subs/dubs. But if we were to hear her actually speak english what would it be like? It isn't like she had that long to learn yet and considering her upbringing it isn't likely she had the chance to properly learn it in Japan. Then you have all those magic books and spells that are in english.

You guys have made this month for me! Thank you so much for breezing through all these chapters! You're absolute champions!

Dex-chan lover
BRUH I DIDN'T ACTUALLY EXPECT ANOTHER RELEASE TODAY LMAO

Y'all are madmen

Fed-Kun's army
@Heimdal Definitely a heavy Japanese one. I wonder how she communicates with the fae, maybe thoughts are shared more telepathically considering how high-concept they tend to be for a foreigner.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, if you continue like that i will get more spoiled, thanks a lot.

I guessed as much that the book would be close and it makes sense s that still is in the colege, but whoever is doing this they must have ginormous balls because the chairwoman clearly isnt the type to eat shit and stay quiet, she will make it her mission to chop them.

@tickub That is a good guess, i dont know how much it is based in existing legends but i remember that the fae folk has the "gift of tongues", which the ability to communicate with diferent folk.

This could be because these beings exist more or less interchangeable between european nation and needed that to comunicate, it could be that they speak and understand all languages depending of who they talk or the comunication is somewhat in a telepatic way.

Isaac’s (the witch) talk about fate calls back to Blue Flame claiming that magi are prisoners of their own fate. It seems to mean there are no coincidences around them, everything happens for a reason.

I like how the topic of Liam liking Philomela is brought up, and at the same time not given a conclusive answer of whether he does or not.

Those golems are so gonna be turned against the students somehow.

@Heimdal there's actually a short/extra comic about the fact that Chise didn't learn English until around when Seth picked her up, and it's canon that she learned it from him while staying with him for a while, so she hasn't known it long (he also tugs on her face in a way similar to how Lucy did a few chapters back, as well as that being the first actual "place" Lucy is mentioned & how we learn Chise was invited to just live with Seth and Lucy initially). That was a short from volume...5? I think? It's included with the official release & there's a not-English version of it posted.

Basically Chise's English is tentative at times and she probably speaks in a manner similar to the Webster-Noel siblings, with a bit of everyone else she's absorbing info from as she goes, so she definitely still has an accent.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Launcels
@Heimdal
it's actually volume 3 extra , this is the not-english version https://mangadex.org/chapter/1012299/3 here. (you can find english 15.5 on some other sites) lucy doesn't get mentioned here though

@cgr huh, weird, the official release included a vague sister mention (not a mention by name, but a Vague Sister Mention, hence me counting it as "first Lucy mention") back then, so I assumed it was a constant - also thank you for correcting me on the volume!

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Launcels
seth mentioned his sister in chapter 34 (main story) https://mangadex.org/chapter/38345/15 . so maybe you misremembered?

@cgr I can't go back and check right now, but its possible - I do remember there being a vague mention in that extra though, I think in regards to something about clothes (like, Chise being allowed to borrow clothes instead of just being In The Shirt) or school fees, and then after that the main mention in chapter 34. I definitely could be scrambled on when the mention was because I haven't like. Held volume 3 in over a year. (Either that or it could be just a weird "happened as a mistranslation of some sort that got printed". Whatever the case, it's been a hot second, and I'd have to use a library to get any way to check.)

Users who are viewing this thread