The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 19 Ch. 95 - The show must go on. I

Dex-chan lover
Did anyone here read the spin-offs? Let me tell you... they are great.

The Jack Flash in particular is AMAZING, the main character is a changeling that works as a detective in New York. Dont know if I can put a link here but you can find it in mangasee123, it is the official translation, the art is incredible and the story has the same subtlety as the main one.

The other one is "passable", in my personal opinion, it really suffers from "spin-off syndrome" so to speak, it is practically Chise and Elias's story but gender bent... and in France, there are more details sure but the person in charge of most of the writing doesn't have Kore-sensei nuance and the art is very basic, not bad by any measure it is just doesn't have the same personality as the other two stories.

Group Leader
Awww, Silky looking so cute here. :glee: She must be happy because her house is so lively right now.

Joseph acting like Chise's older brother is kinda cute and unnerving. 😲

Now that I have finished reading up to this point. I do wonder how much of the details will be included in the anime ...

This is an amazing story, its one of the few manga's that i could really immerse myself.
Its a bonus that i could binge read the 2 arch's without waiting for new chapters:giggle:

Dex-chan lover
A month would be too soon too lol, Kore is happily frolicking around in the UK. It's probably best to pick up on it now since the arc is finally over anyway!
Considering that most mangas release once a moth, it would have been fine. But now it's * months until next chapter.

so freakin excited for the new arc. I'm so glad I rediscovered this series thanks to the new season, it's quickly become my favourite and I just bought all the volumes of the manga :win: I'm so curious what Rahab and Lindel have to say to each other after all this time, and hopefully Elias will have more of his past revealed soon.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the translation. I finally caught up after I left this series for a few years. I just hope you will stop the alchemist terms when we get back to a new arc.

Dex-chan lover
Ok looking forward to the beast arc for sure!
It's refreshing to have a hiatus that ISN'T caused by an author's deteriorating health. With the consistent high quality, a vacation is absolutely deserved. Of course, I want to be greedy and say "I hope it's not a long vacation", but quality comes at its own pace. Just gotta hang in there and not die while waiting!
yeah I agree. All the authors having hiatus's because of health issues concern me.

Dex-chan lover
I am....kind of obsessed with a lot of the parallels, visual and narrative, between Chise and Philomela, and I hope this manga does not end without the two of them at some point holding hands and entwining curse-blackened fingers lmao
chise is becoming more/less than human - philomela has been punished for a transgression that she is techincally responsible for- a defining example of the gap between wizards and mages
this series handles this very well, and It's a fascinating trip as we follow it- the path of mage is not that of a human, and likewise, as you follow it, you discard much of that - chise is the youngest mage we've seen, but even she isn't really human anymore- she started out on the other side in the first place as a slay vega, then as she's continued on her journey, she's discarded more and more of her humanity- I mean "physically" mostly- she's still got a plenty human perspective, I think it'll take her much longer to see things as other mages do

Users who are viewing this thread