The Ancient Magus' Bride

Group Leader
@exocel It's probably not connected to FMA - author just used the same, historical character - Paracelsus
(from wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracelsus )
Paracelsus ( 1493 – 24 September 1541), born Theophrastus von Hohenheim (full name Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim), was a Swiss physician, alchemist, and astrologer of the German Renaissance.

Dex-chan lover
Pot, meet kettle.
Being called a monster by a monster, great stuff.

Contributor
Animated commercial for manga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id72FaGlBAw

That’s a pretty cool character.

I never see male
Gorgons

Double-page supporter
It's monthly. Chapters actually tend to be uploaded here around the same time the previous chapter is put on the official website (I assume that the website runs one issue behind the magazine. The official website's manga is in Japanese of course.). This month appears to have been a break as well since It's still a chapter behind, and the site claims the next chapter will be in June. I think typically 10 chapters are released a year.

Double-page supporter
How much of this manga did the animated series cover?
I'll start at the beginning, of course. I'm just a bit curious

One thing that I dont understand is why dont people make prosthetics from magic or wizardry in this manga.

mrf

I have the real comic book but I have never open it. I'm just buying it.

well that was pretty nice talk they had there, ending with even more wholesome way

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or is this manga going in a totally chuuni direction? There are way too many edgy kids with secrets now.

This manga has been going downhill ever since they beat Cartophilus, which is where It should have ended in my opinion. Now it's trying really hard to become a Harry Potter/Hogwarts re-run

Isn’t this already an anime as well? I see complaints about the manga so I wonder if I should maybe watch the anime instead?

Aggregator gang
Welcome to the World of The Ancient Magus' Bride, where a lot of guys look like girls, and a lot of girls look like guys.

Double-page supporter
The Anime is an almost exact rendering of the first 45 chapters of the manga. Whether you watch the anime or read the manga is mostly up to which style you prefer, although they did a splendid job with the anime. The biggest note for watching the anime is that there's a 3 episode OVA that takes place about halfway through episode 13(maybe 12?, doesn't really spoil much though in my opinion), and you just need to be careful about whether you start watching with "Those Awaiting a Star" or the anime proper.
The majority of complaints about the manga are due to what happens after where the anime ends. My personal take is that the anime ends at a really good place, just about everything came together at it's end, and there was nothing left to resolve. As such, With this new arc, Yamazaki has to rebuild all the foundations that any major conflicts for the next while will revolve around. The style however, takes a long time to do so, and as such, with 60 chapters out now, we're effectively within the first 15 chapters of the manga again (We Live and Learn). By that point all that really happened was the main cast was established, we started 1 side story, and we started into Lindel's story. That's not that bad a track for the first third of a story, but consider that chapter 21 (or even later in all honesty, I count then because that leads straight to winter, when everything goes down, but the story is still needs to introduce a character before things really take off.) is when all the dominoes have been set up, and start to topple. With the momentum completely halted by the resolution in chapter 45, it's just taking time to set itself back up.

you know i love this but the mc feels so lacking. is it just me?
i mean she doesn't seem to have much of a personality apart from "determined"

Users who are viewing this thread