The Anemone Feels The Heat - Ch. 44 - Argument

Aggregator gang
The tension and disagreement really did feel like it was coming. Granted the presentation of kouhai was unexpected and how her presence incites this friction is unwelcome, I did feel that they would have an issue because of Mashiro's codependency issues and lack of confidence. We've been given hints to Mashiro's mental state, how lonely she is and how she craves Nagisa's time so I expected they'd have some sort of misunderstanding. I thought it would be presented in the way of Nagisa losing time for Mashiro causing her to retreat in the very manner she's doing now.

I do like that internal monologue of Mashiro's, how she realizes telling Nagaisa's worries wouldn't necessarily help things because she'd be imposing her feelings on Nagisa and would only succeed in shifting the burden onto Nagisa.

I feel more for Mashiro than I do Nagisa since it's strange that Nagisa would act so courteous to someone that insulted her girlfriend? Kouhai's involvement didn't seem necessary until now because I did not realize just how stunted Nagisa is? Did she honestly think it was okay to be so helpful to someone who actively hates her girlfriend and has belittled her girlfriend to both their faces???? I still don't like Kouhai and I feel like this could have been achieved if they just went with losing time because of cram school. Now we're getting to see how clueless and insensitive Nagisa is in contrast to how Mashiro's trying so hard to keep things together and be mature about this by putting Nagisa's feelings first.

Dex-chan lover
The tension and disagreement really did feel like it was coming. Granted the presentation of kouhai was unexpected and how her presence incites this friction is unwelcome, I did feel that they would have an issue because of Mashiro's codependency issues and lack of confidence. We've been given hints to Mashiro's mental state, how lonely she is and how she craves Nagisa's time so I expected they'd have some sort of misunderstanding. I thought it would be presented in the way of Nagisa losing time for Mashiro causing her to retreat in the very manner she's doing now.

I do like that internal monologue of Mashiro's, how she realizes telling Nagaisa's worries wouldn't necessarily help things because she'd be imposing her feelings on Nagisa and would only succeed in shifting the burden onto Nagisa.

I feel more for Mashiro than I do Nagisa since it's strange that Nagisa would act so courteous to someone that insulted her girlfriend? Kouhai's involvement didn't seem necessary until now because I did not realize just how stunted Nagisa is? Did she honestly think it was okay to be so helpful to someone who actively hates her girlfriend and has belittled her girlfriend to both their faces???? I still don't like Kouhai and I feel like this could have been achieved if they just went with losing time because of cram school. Now we're getting to see how clueless and insensitive Nagisa is in contrast to how Mashiro's trying so hard to keep things together and be mature about this by putting Nagisa's feelings first.
What if the whole point of this “arc” is to make us readers realise that Nagisa is a fucking trash GF? Then atleast something about all this would actually make any sense🤦🏼‍♂️

I feel like I say this every time there's some dumb drama in a manga featuring school-age characters. They're teens acting like teens. The sad part is realizing there are adults who are less mature than this in real life.

Yes, the immaturity is frustrating, but it's fun to watch the rollercoaster that is this growth.

Aggregator gang
What if the whole point of this “arc” is to make us readers realise that Nagisa is a fucking trash GF? Then atleast something about all this would actually make any sense🤦🏼‍♂️
I don't think Nagisa is trash? Just clueless. This depicts a flaw in her we haven't seen yet. I assumed it would be her being hyper focused about her long term goal of entering the medical field to better care for Mashiro for their future but perhaps now we're seeing how inexperienced she is with handling sensitive issues and also her lack of empathy? We see Mashiro breaking her back trying to keep herself from speaking knowing how exposing her own feelings would affect Nagisa but Nagisa doesn't seem to know how to consider how Mashiro would feel with her being around someone who clearly hates her girlfriend and also has a a rather strong attachment towards her?

To me this drama feels unnecessary, a random glasses girl appear out of nowhere, i hope wont take too long for them to resolve this problem

Dex-chan lover
this manga, whispering you a love song and yamada to kase-san have made me kinda miss the days of yuri manga never lasting more than 2 volumes :haa:
Those old editors snarkily saying, "be careful what you wish for!"

Dex-chan lover
Thank you CClaw for getting us this far and thank you Sho Habby for picking this up!
The manga is going through some growing pains right now so for it to be dropped right now would have left a really bitter taste in my mouth. So thank you very very much once again!

Dex-chan lover
Wow awful chapter and the scanlation team is dropping it. I have never seen something this good fall off a cliff this fast before.
I don't know if you would consider it good before it fell off the cliff, but Gal Cleaning is the gold standard in falling.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh shits dumb af, like just have them be lovey dovey with buncha flowery screentones instead of writing stupid conflict which this author sucks ass at.

Fed-Kun's army
always sad to see a great story dissolve into useless pseudo-drama like this.

And the fact that it's still drawn beautifully somehow makes this even sadder.

Dex-chan lover
They really dumbed down Nagisa for that stupid drama. For fuck sake, she should fucking recall the last chapter and think about how already her low self-confident girlfriend would feel about being insulted.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that Nagisa cant even realise what the problem is, is just proof of how trash she is… Like how can you just watch a b*tch show up out of nowhere talk shit to your GF and treat her like trash and then ask “Why do you (say that I would guess it would have ended)” When she say she dont want you to see her anymore?🤦🏼‍♂️
Yeah that was pretty crazy. I'd never talk to someone who did that to my partner again. It's strange how nagisa doesn't understand that.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ok, so author just got dementia and forgot how she wrote her MCs in the first place. Or is this an alternative universe? Cause absolutely nothing makes sense. It's like they're arguing for the sake of arguing.

You literally forced a Nagisa dependant Mashiro to ignore her girlfriend for two days when the girl gets anxiety attack after half a day without her Nagisa dose.

And since when does Nagisa get tired of Mashiro's insecurities? The poor lass get withdrawal symptoms if she doesn't have to tell Mashiro how much she worshipped her every 2h.

They're so codependent on each other that it should be unhealthy but it works because Nagisa is a doofus who literally studied her way into this relationship and conditioned, unknowingly, her girlfriend to be as selfish as she wants. So this shouldn't be happening!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread