The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 6 Ch. 29.2 - Syphilis (Part 2)

Double-page supporter
The mangaka did a really splendid job at portraying mao-mao's disgusted expression.

These short chapters are bad for my heart though..

Wow, what a reveal! Maybe I'm stupid but I didn't see that coming until this chapter, it really came together. Love this story so much, thank you!

Just to add the other's spoilers
Rakan and Cat Cat's mother are in love with each other. Rakan devise a plan to get the mother, but the mother herself ALSO devised a plan to not use contraception to get pregnant. Rakan himself didn't aware of this.
When the mother's plan succeeded by getting pregnant, she waited for Rakan to buy her because her price had dropped. Instead Rakan didn't came back for her for a long time (because he got blocked by his family by sending him to war for a long time), but mother didn't know about this. Instead, she thought that she got betrayed by Rakan, she had given up everything for him (her status, position, and body) but he didn't get to her.
Basically both the father and mother tried to keikaku without telling the other party and failed miserably.
Remember lads, COMMUNICATION is the key of a successful relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Wow.. what the fuck did that man do to make her make such a murderous expression?

Poor Rakan.
One can only imagine his feelings when he returned to buy her only to find out she gave birth to his daughter, was thrown out, forced to streetwalk, catch syphilis and go insane/die. Making it worse ofc Mao Mao cannot ever forgive him for his actions. Rakan and Maos mother were just too smart for their own good and managed to ruin both of their plans.
@Brutu
Problem is, Mao Maos autistic tendencies come straight from Rakan. He might be even worse than her when it comes to relationships.

I really like Rakan-papa, these two are so funny together. Maomao doesn't hate Rakan, she just dislikes him (more like grossed out) because of an event in the past hahahaha
And noooo, Rakan is not out there giving syphilis!
It's going to get soooo interesting from here on kekekekekeke

well, in WN:
the granny hates her father a lot, she used to beat him bloody. So when Maomao is being taken care at the brothel, she used to meet this creepy bloody smile of Rakan and it kinda traumatised her. Her memory of her mother is not good, her mother chipped her pinkie bit by bit for the letters, her mother already crazy back then. Maomao sees Rakan as a freak and the guy who want to upsurp her adoptive father position. And Rakan doesn't have a good people skill so his relationship with Maomao are not progressing.

BOOOOOOM.
A spectacular chapter.
Also, thank you very very much you noble translators

EDIT: as i said in another post, this manga is one of my favourite, nearly perfect. there's comedy, a bit of crime-riddle fiction, subtle psychological attention for the characters, a lot of drama-reality -it doesn't hide the worst sides of living in a brothel-, and also a romance not so teeny. I like it really a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread