The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - The Medium Ritual Master

@WillLi Yeah, I know that she provoked him to create a commotion, but I'm not talking about what she wanted, and about how the guard decided to do his job. does this guard also beat to death random drunk people that insist on going in the temple (i know that this situation probably would never happen, since they are in the palace)?

Oho~ So this is how they reveal who Jinshi is, huh? I guess it would be more exciting like this compared to the novel. But I guess internal monolouge/insights are harder to show in drawn form.
Not that I'm complaining~ ^w^

@Jhervy22 this part didn't happen in the novel. Or well, the fire with the pipe happened. And some official being poisoned did happen, but this part with MaoMao saving Jinshi didn't happen.
And sorry, I don't fully remeber when the fire incident was, since I guess that part is the easiest to place on the timeline.
But, I do reccomend reading it all, because the manga always leave out details. :)

Oh geez I could actually hear the hit sound in my head 😨 MaoMao your incredible for not collapsing on the spot.

Dex-chan lover
@Algoz I'm not saying hitting her was right. I'm just saying putting full blame on him for hitting her is a little off, cause Maomao was trying to get him to hit her. That's all I'm saying. He might not normally hit people who are rude, but she was trying to imply that he was scheming to commit murder in public, in front of a lot of important people. So he's not 'right' but some of that hit is Maomao's fault.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi maid's life is worthless at his point in time(not as bad as the previous emperor's time, but still bad enough) and not a lot of people know she is the former maid of favorite consort and the maid of jinshi, even though the guard's action is wrong, their standing is high enough that they didn't consider other matter(Mao Mao looks like the lowest common maid and want to interrupt a ceremony, just like a civilian calling a security to stop an important event because of his 'suspicion')

The guard will still be ded though

Dex-chan lover
For people who want to read the LN, here's the link I read it from. Of course it's fan-translated, so keep that in mind:

Code:
Link removed

As for this chapter, this was pretty intense after so long.

Dex-chan lover
@MistLynx seems like YOU don't understand how the world works. the problem is not about whether he did his job properly or not.(also the fact is, no one said the guard did wrong.just that he's dead)
the problem is he pissed some powerful people.

and the one up high give no fucks about those below.

edit : saw through the comment and many people have said what needs to be said. so, i'm sorry if i wasted your time with this comment

Dex-chan lover
@moneng85 The reason I brought up her being a maid is that she is someone else's 'property' and you have to consider who's property that is before you damage it. Maids life aren't worth much in general, but if you hurt the maid it is an offense to whoever owned her. And if they care for their maids and out rank you, you're screwed.

@PinkSakuraFlower

Do please delete that link and never use it again. https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kusuriya-no-hitorigoto/ this is the one doing the actual translations

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi i wasnt talking about Mao*2 motives and was just pointing out how the guard shouldn’t do that as a royal court guard since he wasnt guarding a slave camp , a brothel or a bar....he’s a royal court guard .

Dex-chan lover
if the ceremony guy had ended up dying it would 100% be the guards fault yet i bet MC would be the one getting executed.

Dex-chan lover
oh my lord she is in tatters
i like the theater of this chapter tho, very dramatic

Dex-chan lover
@stainx again, not saying the guard was right, just saying remember, Maomao was trying to get the guard to hit her. So we can't act like he just hits anyone. In all likelihood they summarized her interaction with the guard and it was more detailed (that is an assumption, as I haven't read the WN or LN) but the point is, part of the reason she got hit is because she was trying to get him to hit her. He might not have hit her if she wasn't intentionally coaxing it, we don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread