The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - The Medium Ritual Master

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it, if Rakkan is here (and is obviously anticipating the whole happening and high chances are involved some way), then why did he let her, knowing full well that it will save the Jinshi's life and failing the whole scheme

And if he is in fact siding with Jinshi, then why didn't he try to stop it earlier?

Contributor
i like how she did all this for some medicine. did she ever cared for anything else?

@hyperactivehedgehog if im not mistaken, in the novel it was hint that jinshi is actually the current emperor first son with the brave consort who left the palace (which was his first wife), when she gave birth to jinshi, the dead emperor consort was also giving birth, so she switch her son with the dead emperor son because at the time the dead emperor son would be guarded more than a prince’s consort son. So i dont think its the emperor who plotted to kill jinshi, cuz well i think he want jinshi to be his next successor

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this isn't in the web novel. I remember some kind of ceremonial accident/incident, but not like this. I wonder if the light novel is like this, if so, that is quite the big chance. There have been a few differences in this manga from the web novel, but so far this is the biggest one. So this is who they reveal who Jinshi is actually is here, huh. I love it though, both this and the web novel. It's intense and the art is great as heck. I wonder what will Jinshi do now that his beloved Maomao is injured.

Double-page supporter
Can't help but snicker when I see some people call her Maox2. So creative..

The guard is dead meat assaulting the Grand Marshal's daughter right in front of him.

So I though I'd join the discussion on wether the gaurd did anything wrong. And as for wether or not he believed he it would be rather reasonable to ignore a random maid trying to get into the ceremony.
However to use violence against a maid without cause (a actually threat) would depend on the country's laws at the time period that the setting takes place.

In this case it I assume it is set in Japan and seeing as how the ruler of the country is not ever referred to as a evil ruler, I would assume that the laws would tend to be more lenient. However since the mc has a couple of powerful figures looking after her I'm sure the gaurd is dead or will live the rest of his life in misery. :)

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 he doesnt care about jinshi, he wanted to give maomao the opportunity to gain achievements. If she didnt figure it out, he couldve stepped in anyway to rescue jinshi and request maomao as the reward.

Or just let jinshi die and claim maomao for himself in the aftermath.

Aggregator gang
On one hand, the guard was just doing his job and was provoked by Maomao specifically because she wanted to cause a scene in hope of stopping the ritual. On the other hand, he used a hecking wooden baton to hit a defenseless girl on a side of her head, in front of her
father
and her overprotective guardian. In conclusion, bye bye guradman. We hardly know ya.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Aureliano

MaoMao would murder the world before she let anyone touch her precious ox bezoar 🤣

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME AROUND WHAT CHAPTER OR VOLUME IS THIS IN THE NOVEL? PLEAAASE? IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME!!

Users who are viewing this thread