The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Sending Off

Jinshi be like: nah, man. I'm not sick. It's just that I've fallen for a girl who loves weird drugs and poisons..

@TomBrady
Hold on, you can't blame Mao for being dense about Jinshi when she thinks he is literally a eunuch working in the royal palace.

I really feel bad for Mei Mei. I hope she will be redeemed by a good man in the future.

Double-page supporter
@TwinAero
Eunuch can still get married. She also knows that he's taking drugs to suppress it. That and there are other eunuch in the court who still have wives. Kids are not really an issue as adoption wasn't as frowned upon as it is now. You could go up to your family member and tell them you want their kid. Anyways, he already made his case he loves her outside of producing babies. She just doesn't want to even consider it.

@Thifa
She won't be for awhile. She stays there for the foreseeable future as the poor guy can't afford to redeem her. She is even present during the locust arc where they eat locust and discuss how to stop them.

man i feel bad for meimei, happy that the old man finally met his love, but meimei... </3

Dex-chan lover
@Xianoaaaaa

lol yeah they already did tell us that. Mao Mao figured it out like 20 chapters ago but then brushed it aside as crazy.

Dex-chan lover
Newborn babies have crazy regenerative tissues so you happen to maim one somehow, they should be able to grow back the missing parts if they were minor enough and they survived the maiming. Iirc there was even a case of one actually regrowing a whole arm but who knows if that's just hearsay or if it actually did happen.

Didn't Fengsheng die in the novel?????

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Poor guy, even with his competence at wall scaling and princess carrying, still eunuch-zoned.

Thank's for the chapter.
Jinshi has a long way to win Maomao hearts. This chapter really sweet and hillarious, more sweet than chocolate :)

Dex-chan lover
Jinshi sama.. When a girl talk to you with her cutest face, you dont headbutt her

Idk i kinda wanted to blame someone but at the end of the day it wasn't Rakkan's fault that he couldn't get back or the courtesan for going insane. They literally could've been a happy family but life's a bitch.

Double-page supporter
@ispcizero3rd
He never redeemed Mei Mei in the novel. She's still stuck there. Nothing really changed for them since it started to focus on MaoMao becoming a physician and they introduced 2 new girls as friends for her. They
translation stopped at the part where the governor of a province got removed and now Jinshi is forced to stay as governor, which also means MaoMao has to stay there too. Also just to note, I made an mistake in my last comment. I was referring to Pairin. In Meimei case, she doesn't want to be redeemed because she doesn't want to stop seeing the people at the red light district. They became her family and she wants to stick around.

Users who are viewing this thread