The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
As expected that god suck really he don't even control the reincarnation system.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds more like a false god that has corrupted the world. Perhaps a demon lord who won? Worth following for a few chapters at the very least.

Fed-Kun's army
god. poor frey. i'm glad lucas acknowledges frey's wish and pities him- i do hope frey continues to be remembered throughout the story, too.

thank you for this chapter! this seems rlly interesting (as well as the eldritch horror, oof)

Fed-Kun's army
Translator note discouraging suicide. I always laugh at that concept. Don't kill yourself! Life can be great! Work harder!

Brink of global collapse right now? All because people cling onto life when it's no big deal to die. The end of this game we call life is death for every single player.

Suicide only hurts your loved ones, if you don't have those meh. You make your own choices life is but a game, enjoy it or quit early. I don't look down on suicides. I look down on any person who procreates and ignores their responsibility.

@BuffSoul That's strange. You and me must have read different translator notes cause that's not what they said. Your sarcasm and cynicism are misplaced.

Double-page supporter
Kinda sick of this annoying god complex, but it seems interesting

Double-page supporter
@Drifter He looks more like Cthullu god with chaos in mind. He and his followers can evolve but mankind is no. Like in Phoenix point game.

Either author or translator definitely doesn't know what demigod means. "Demigod known as God" is nonsensical.

I dont like that Frey just died like that and the guy took over his body. Would have been better with Frey learning from him and getting powers with hard work and guidance. Meh.

Dex-chan lover
@MilkWeeb

Its a pretty normal setup to have the original person die, but i have to agree it would have made for a cool story.
I only know a handful of stories where the original owner of the body actually survives.
Most of the time they just die off never to be heard from again and is just there to give a free body and sometimes a motivation.

I can't help but this feels as if it's a game for the demigod. This Great Mage returns after 4000 years, but so what? The demigod can do exactly what he did before, which they did quite easily. Letting the player have hope of escaping the game, but to only push them back to where they started.

Dex-chan lover
How did the suicide have anything to do with the mage's imprisonment? How was the seal created by a god broken? How can the mage insert himself into a dead body like that? I think most other reincarnation stories with no explanations feel like they raise fewer questions.

Users who are viewing this thread