The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years

drop at c1. damn, I hate this sort of setup, using a dead brain on a protagonist, he commits suicide because he's weak but wtf he never goes against them or trains himself, miserably. These kinds of losers should erase from this universe. i can smell of shity story from beginning.

Stopped after chapter 18. Some stuff didn't make sense and the character isabelle is completely frustratingly annoying.

Dex-chan lover
This series starts off good but then pretty quickly declines in character development and plot quality. By chapter 58 I've dropped my rating from a 9 to a 6. Still reading it for now, but if I get more frustrated I might drop it.

This manga is pretty good caught up to it in 2 days, really peaked my interests and I'm not gonna stop and drop it now. Tho people are saying it's getting boring and the characters are annoying or something to that degree, I find this to be an exciting read, tho the mountain arc was a little drawn out to my liking, I still like where this manga (or whatever you call it in Korea) is heading.

Keep up the good work translator team!(3•`- •`)3 and the original creators!

okay......... that's weird......... in mangadex it has only 61 chapters but in the reapearscans website it already has chapter 62
why does it not get updated here?

AM I SEEING THINGS WRONG!?!?

sometimes it is boring but sometimes it gets really intresting and in some chap it will even make u cry

It's good, but like all manga, it fails to portray the depth and setting of the novel. I don't hold that against this story though, since the novel is a mountain of lore and context that if attempted to be stuffed into a manga there would be a thousand chapters of exposition and world-building.

The art is solid and the translation is at the very least on par.

Mc isn't your braindead, hypocrite, uber plot armored simp that you tend to see in your Japanese fantasy world mangas.

All in all 8/10. It could be better, but for what it is, it's a solid read.

Glad I gave a chance to that manwha, it was a good read. I was worried about that Isabelle character because I saw haters going wild against her. But honestly, she isn't bad at all. She is the kind of sidekick that is a little overwhelmed by the MC, but recognize quickly the gap between him and the others. She may be bossy around the MC, but it's just her character, it doesn't make her more annoying. Plus, she is useful and kinda cute.
This manwha is like a typical xianxia/wuxia story, but with a better pacing than chinese stories.

@KinErwald

No, She IS annoying, it being her "Character" Doesn't make it better, that's a cop out. That being said, I don't really dislike her, I just think she's annoying and airheaded.

UDI

Generally shitty writing but art is good and you can ignore inconsistencies and poor character writing pretty easily. Good fluff

Users who are viewing this thread