The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years

CTD

great manga ignore person under me its aint shitty its just the author is doing a different thing from normal mangas

hmmm, oh well i'll just drop this manhwa and wait until it's finish, I can't handle korean cliffhangers

Good at first, went rapidly downhill, although latest ch (66) is decent, and female lead wasn't annoying for once.

Many spoilers ahead

Cons: plot conveniences
(leaving the door open for someone to easedrop and somehow knowing what room they're in, friend showing up at the perfect time when the mc is being smack talked to put the smack talkers in there place, power of friendship, reviving a dead animal who helped him with the body of the enemy, a vacation at the perfect timing of the takeover of the now male lead's body, surviving every power up elixir everyone says would kill him, Io on for quite some time),
the female lead is INCREDIBLY annoying (dumb ass fuck, prime example—
ML: don't do this, only watch, don't imitate, you could lose your life. And then she immediately attempts to imitate him and gets all surprised when she coughs up blood. Tries a fire spell on an enemy, ML says the enemy is highly resistant to fire so fire spells won't work, she then attempts to do it AGAIN, and then while planning because obviously, that fucking failed, she suggests BURNING THE FUCKING FIRE RESISTANT ENEMY, FORCING THE ML TO ONCE AGAIN POINT OUT IT'S RESISTANT TO FIRE, and then not only tries to order him around on what to do against it, but tries to tell him his plan is dumb and won't work. Example for that done.)
Anyway she's always yelling at every given moment, cock blocks when she's literally not wanted at all, gets disappointed and huffy (thinks stuff like she wants to hit him, etc) when the ML shows no interest in her despite his clear statements of having no interest in her way beforehand, and she's ALWAYS following him EVERYWHERE. "_ called for you" someone says to ML, and she just comes along. She literally
DROPS OUT OF SCHOOL JUST TO CONTINUE FOLLOWING HIM AROUND.
I absolutely despise her. I wish she would've died in so many of the occasions of her danger, literally the only good thing about her is that she's strong enough to defend herself against low tier characters like thugs or something. Also she just casually leaks government secrecy level information of ML's plan to random people they just met because, well, they seem nice and they asked! And then random stuff that doesn't make sense, like
hiding the betrayal of the floor master when a traitor is quite literally CRUCIAL information and makes 0 sense to hide. And how the female lead kept repeatedly thinking that male lead reminds her of Lucas, the grand mage (his true identity) despite the fact she's never met Lucas, as he lived 4000 years ago, and there's no videos or books about his personality at all. Yet, somehow, this student she fell for all of a sudden cause ooo he strong all of a sudden, reminds her of literally the strongest mage known to history, despite, again, never knowing him.

Interesting that it's not available on Webtoon or Naver... Oh well... It's really good, not for kids for sure and some teenagers... Lol..

not sure if this counts so,

When I saw one of the translator notes saying "Is this a Zero Requiem?" as the broccoli, green, marsh, leaf, tennis ball, Mike Wazowski hair lady made the statement that Mr. Magic Reincarnee was diverting hate to himself, it made my heart skipped a beat, as I remembered so many things. The memories of that end, made me think, "Damn bro now I feel slightly down."

Group Leader
every isekai nut after reading this chapter:

L9gtQdH.jpg

Unfollowed because the best part of this formulaic power fantasy is the relationship with the FMC, who isn't in the LN.

Good manhwa

MC is competent, resourceful, good leader, solid tactician and wise man with vast knowledge,,,
Quite powerful but not ridiculously OP hence still have some chara development

Fun commedy, not too shabby action,,
overall pretty good manhwa

But the author seem rush the story,,
every story arc feels like finish mid-way and not fulfilling / satisfying,,
that's why some characters feel hollow and some plots are shallow

Still, overall pretty good manhwa,,
I'd recommend it

TLDR: TRASH

what's the trend of staying "low-key" to appear cool once they step in ? Wtf, they just let that poor student die for those shitty reasons ? If they're not moving, at least we have to understand why or the thoughts of the main character, idiots^^

I didn't expect anything from this work, and It was apparently a good thing. Your typical manhwa trash/ solo leveling trash ^^ whether it's the empty story or the generic rubbish artstyle, can't believe SL and other similar manhwas get that much hype while they deserve 3/10 at best (novel/ manhwa respectively).

I love the fact thet MC isn't interested in students but the teacher. And it's kinda funny how dense he is.
But I can't give this more than 6-7/10.

Good to binge, pointless to make in-depth analyses below. It's honestly your taste, so read it if it seems interesting. Novel has good reviews, so it's up to you to see.

@uno99 Around 65-66 iirc, but you should start from the start, because there are a number of large differences between the novel and manhwa, mainly the annoying heroine is not there most of the time, which actually changes a lot in comparison.
If they were to be compared, the manhwa is for teens, more lighthearted and shallower, while the novel is for young adults, more serious and slightly darker. If you like the concept here but not the execution because you felt there's too much waifu bait, the novel may be a better choice.

Pretty good, haven't come across something like this in a while so 8/10. Refreshing and more in depth take on a "reincarnated revenge" story. Most just cruise through as the MC becomes stronger, and his followers just appear out of nowhere. Here, he actually builds up his own circle from scratch which is a pro to the story.

I'd recommend this if you're tired of the generic cultivation/magic mangas.

Translators also doing a great job, please keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread