The Archmage Returns After 4000 Years

Omg the manwha publisher ruined this amazing novel with that useless redhead. She is never in the book at all. Fuxking idiots

Dex-chan lover
@onionking did you not read any of this at all before commenting? It's pretty clear that
demigod suppresses the evolution of technology and magic so the humans don't get too powerful and if some rare geniuses pop up he kills them.

Dex-chan lover
Overall pretty good. My expectations were low after a recent batch of similar base story, but this one actually develops well.
The art is also on the upper tiers, though not quite top grade.
I hope publication and translation last for a while longer. :)

In particular, it is quite nice how the development of humanity seems a little inconsistent, but actually makes sense.
(Power, be it in individuals, magic or technology is suppressed so as not to pose a threat to "Demigod" while low-threat but convenient technology is allowed to progress.)
I would still think that the progress is pretty limited for a time span of 4000 years, but it's not necessarily wrong if crucial discoveries have been prevented or erased from records as they could be used for war.

@onionking It’s a medieval fantasy setting what do you expect? It doesn’t follow the same logic as our world for a reason. No point in scientific discovery when there is magic. People would focus more in magic than technological advances in the first place.

This story is supposed to be about mage, and people say it is good, idk anymore what is good to read then

where's chapter 51?
(the current 51 is chapter 52. just look at chapter numbers in image itself)

@Laowel so they just added a shitty character to make the story worse? what the fuck? thats so bizarre.

@Laowel I stopped reading a few months ago because she was such a terrible character thats forced into main plot, has the last 20 chapters been good? or is it just meh.

Dex-chan lover
@Meybi, it could be from redice side, some kind of shitty editor wanting to add things, or even the novelist himself because he wants some eyecandy to an otherwise a story about a single dude going around finding clues about the past and future, turning it into a story about a dude who goes around hitting hot milf around his area and got cockblocked by his trusty, cute, and disgustingly annoying sidekick.

or it could be the artist personal request? "how bout adding some cute sidekick for the MC, it'll make the story more refreshing aye. Oh anyway, I love nagging female characters that absolutely adds nothing to the story as long as they're cute, I can add her right?? This Isabelle from the novel beginning seems to have a lot of potential, i can use her, right?".

In the novel isabelle is just a passing character, completely irrelevant as of the current translation, and also, the MC isn't a lecher that will try to hit at every hot aunties near his area.

@kamishiniyari reguardless this series is dropped until im sufficiently bored enough to read it again, or somebody convinces me the story gets a lot better and the bitch gets less annoying.

Isabella just took the dark elf milf waifu's shining moment. :(

I wonder if in the future she's gonna take yhe flat chested alchemist milf waifu's shining moments too. :(

She's not even needed here sigh.

Dex-chan lover
At first i really liked the manga, but little by little, chapter by chapter it just got worse and worse.
The main female lead might as well be a robot for it would have more of a character and likeability.
The characters are 2 dimensional and act illogically a lot of the time.
The story is the only semi interesting thing about the manga but the characters just ruin it.
The main lead is... Well he was cool at first but after some chapters he became quite dry and boring honestly, the progression of him getting stronger doesn't have any impact on the reader as well. The pacings bad imo.
And to wrap this basket up, it feels HELLA forced in the recent chapters, very awkward and devoid of life.
Something that started so promising but fell deeper and deeper by the chapter of poor choices,pacing and characters and their interactions.

Users who are viewing this thread