the author's tastefully integrated fetish

Dex-chan lover
so I watching D gray man and I got to the epiosde where Leena Lee uses her anti akuma weapons and the comment section under the episode where alot of people talking about her legs/thighs and this got me thinking, since "the author's poorly disguised fetish" is kind of a trope/meme, I wanted to ask if there were cases you guys could recall of some author/artist actually eitheir well integrating their fetish into a story or at least "tastefully" delivering it in a way that isn't out of left field/irritating.

Dex-chan lover
Speaking about thighs, Gregorius Yamada is really into them. Very specifically, catching a glimpse of the part of the upper thigh that is usually covered by a skirt. You don't notice it at first because he's got a simple, sketchy style, but as soon as it's pointed out you start seeing it all over his works.

FRADdq5.png

Last edited:
Group Leader
Sasaki and Peeps, when you compare it to his other works anyways. Well, it was done well enough to get it an anime unlike the other works lol. I didn't realize it was the same author until I wanted to read more.

Dex-chan lover
I read quite a lot of kink-flavored manga,
but I never tried to find out whether it was actually a fetish of the mangaka or it is just a habit carried over from when the mangaka was still writing hentai.

for example, I really like Nana to Kaoru, even though I never into BDSM before
(it really was my first time reading that kind of manga)
but I can feel the author's appreciation to such kink with the detailed art and intricacies, and of course erotic feel

Itou ei also wrote a lot of such hentai before writing Takane Hana
is it her fetish? I don't know

same with Tsuyatsuya, I found out when I read Rakujitsu Pathos,
turns out that previously he wrote a lot of manga/hentai with a similar plot
Is that his fetish? or just some storyline that he has a lot of experience with
I don't know

Dex-chan lover
I think it'd be hard to claim an author has a particular fetish if it is integrated tastefully -- I feel like the second you notice it is no longer "tasteful".

Like I know Toriyama liked bunnygirls and Fujimoto likes women in suits, but I'd be hard pressed to claim either of those are especially tasteful.

Dex-chan lover
Whatever Tsukushi does :smugnako:

But I'm really compelled to say whenever a female Mangaka writes a great male character sometimes it's because she's writing traits she finds desirable in a partner... Maybe that's dumb but you know.. Laios, En from Dorohedoro, Natsume Takashi, Helck... A Western webcomic I really like has Duane Adelier, who is openly very much a collection of the author's fetishes.
In general they are less self-inserty and more characters of their own

Aggregator gang
Whatever Tsukushi does :smugnako:

But I'm really compelled to say whenever a female Mangaka writes a great male character sometimes it's because she's writing traits she finds desirable in a partner... Maybe that's dumb but you know.. Laios, En from Dorohedoro, Natsume Takashi, Helck... A Western webcomic I really like has Duane Adelier, who is openly very much a collection of the author's fetishes.
In general they are less self-inserty and more characters of their own
Didn't know the author of Iguana Head and Dungeon Meshi is the same woman.... I guess she also wrote that Space Skeletor mango of death.

Aggregator gang
"I agree that's fantastic too."

Speaking about thighs, Gregorius Yamada is really into them. Very specifically, catching a glimpse of the part of the upper thigh that is usually covered by a skirt. You don't notice it at first because he's got a simple, sketchy style, but as soon as it's pointed out you start seeing it all over his works.

FRADdq5.png

Aggregator gang
so I watching D gray man and I got to the epiosde where Leena Lee uses her anti akuma weapons and the comment section under the episode where alot of people talking about her legs/thighs and this got me thinking, since "the author's poorly disguised fetish" is kind of a trope/meme, I wanted to ask if there were cases you guys could recall of some author/artist actually eitheir well integrating their fetish into a story or at least "tastefully" delivering it in a way that isn't out of left field/irritating.
How about we make ALL characters that has combined abs and thighs? No one would complain, right?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
How come anyone hasn't mentioned Nekotofu and his piss fetish? If possible, that guy would draw Mahiro pissing every chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread