The Blade of Evolution Walking Alone In The Dungeon

@revara @study

You both should give "I'm an Evil God" a shot.

Trust me, like you guys, I also thing most Manhua are trash. But this one is in those 1% that's actually good.

Welllllllll it's not .... bad i think
It like dick cheese .. u think it is tasty cheese but it is not

Wow a lot of hate for a decent story, but you know haters gotta hate or their blood dries and they die like the pathetic parasite they are.

@TheMythHunter The only great shounen type manhuas I've read: Cultivation Chat Group, King's Avatar, and The Last Human. Cultivation Chat Group is hilarious and the manhua is suprisingly better than the novel. King's Avatar is great as it is, so no comment. I thought the last human is bad, but it turns out I enjoy it a lot more than I thought lol. It's weird. Shoujo manhuas are mostly horrible, like almost all of them have similar plot. But interestingly, many danmei are quite decent.

this is solo leveling but darker literately and by that i mean more shadows and edgy not darker in the sense that this its a dark story

Dex-chan lover
@FlonneX Why did you have to use dick cheese? You had to go that far? And why would it be tasty, its literally a bunch of dead skin cells and oils.

L3n

And as usual, plagiarizing, this is so copyied from solo leveling, shame

Everyone's ragging on this, but it's really a solid 4/10, imo. Just turn off your brain before you start reading and you'll be fine~

[edit:] Feels a little less garbage from ch 15 when a new character joins him. Upgraded to 5.

Dex-chan lover
Tried this out on the suggestion of Mangadods on Dungeon Reset, I believe it was? ....Yeah, halfway through the first chapter, dropped. It's boring and lazily done, not to mention an obvious ripoff of Solo Levelling by its story beats. It was presented as "doing Solo Levelling better" but it really, really doesn't feel that way at all; it feels like all the bad parts of Tower of God combined with the beats of Solo Levelling. This is bad. Not "so terrible it should be purged", but bad enough, *boring* enough, that I cannot bring myself to read more.

This is just a RIP off of solo leveling with different art style and little bit different story line but in the end it is just a RIP off..!!

Came here on the suggestion in Dungeon Reset, but I'm dropping after 1 chapter, art is not that great, not as dynamic as Solo Levelling's. Writing is okay, but too similar to Solo Levelling to feel good. Also, the translation or proofreading isn't great, grammatical mistakes all throughout make it a bit painful to read.

I concur with the sentiment that it is a bad copy of solo leveling.
The character is OP after the intro. Which doesn't explain anything btw.
First dungeon manages to do a 10k combo. Come on really?
What is the sword? who controls the system messages?
Is the status board only for him or does everyone have it?
The MC doesn't question anything and the world building is shallow as a result.

How do the power levels work? Bronze gold diamond and rank E?
They mean nothing when you don't explain them.
Yeah I'm titanium studded with purple rubies rank Y.
Same for the classes: healer etc means nothing when you don't know what classes are available.
And who would have known that having 2 ranks was special I didn't until it was spelled out in a monologue from a party-member(praising bystander).

Next the tropes, they are badly done in general.
The entire story is a trope in itself.
- Weak turns op.
This is all fine but as stated above he was weak and then after the intro he is op. No visible growth just boom can tackle dungeons supposedly way above his level alone.
-Power is absolute
, this means you can do whatever you want as long as you can kill everyone who knows. I don't like this trope, it's lazy.
- The enemy is never down after the first round.
It has multiple levels of power. this one speaks for itself, in 18 chapters it has happened 3 times. Wow such creativity.
- Honor is everything.
The same hur dur "my honor is more important than somebodies life" that i come to expect from Chinese Manhua. Which in my opinion is overdone and usually excessive. You called me a loser I'll chop of your head and rape your entire village for being rude to me. The venerable me, the person who's the single most important existence in this entire universe and without the world would cease to exist.
- Shadowy backer.
The trader is supposed to be the big shadowy evil that helps the mc. But the trade isn't a trade, it's extortion. Then just take it instead of trading. Or was the purpose to show that he had power and money? I guess it would be explained later but what is shown doesn't itch the mystery that it is trying to portray. It just feels like a half assed attempt at intrigue which fails but at the same time deus ex machinas the mc.
- Deus ex machina
the entire story tbh. Mc is just handed everything he doesn't struggle everything he does just works out by the grace of plot armour. this starts in the intro and lasts to the current chapter 18 at least.

There is no incentive to like the MC, the pacing sucks and I have no clue or desire to know what is happening during the fights. The world isn't fleshed out, the characters are shallow and all are complacent.
There are no stakes and the enemy just stands there while the MC decides what to do while monologuing.
All I miss is a team of side characters guffawing while having a tea party at the side of the room telling how cool the mc is and how they can never reach the same heights as him because he is a god among men.

Dex-chan lover
by ratings and most of the comments im reading here, i might think that this is not a good read as solo leveling... mangadods recommend this but ill pass this one...

Not terrible but an actual, literal, Chinese Knockoff of Solo-leveling. Read the superior korean work if you only have one choice with your limited time.

The pacing/writing is the worst part. From poor inexperienced nobody to smartly dressed aloof man of the world in one fucking haircut.

Dex-chan lover
@Delu

saying that its 4/10 means that it's already substandard by every definition of the X out of 10 ranking system. ( people seem to forget that 5 is a "average" in the normal X out of 10 ranking)
Let alone the Mangadex ranking system that works a bit differently than the normal one...

Just FYI the worst-rated manga on the whole off Mangadex is like 3.1...
So saying that its a 4 does in fact mean its actual garbage given how "good" the average manga is even if you use the normal X out of 10 rankings...

Not that I disagree on that notion, but giving it a 4 is still unfair to the little of the good the manga managed to rip off.
so I would at least give it a 5 and say that it's not a good manga, but at least it's not a bad one without redeeming qualities.

Its not as bad as people make it out to be( most likely thanks to the bias of how good "Solo leveling" was ) but its not a masterpiece by any means.
If you got nothing else to read then go ahead and read this, but if not there are plenty of better once out there.

Users who are viewing this thread