The Bloody Merchant Empress and the Cold Husband's Forceful Doting

weren't huo mingchen (the prince/her husband in her past life) and zhu yao (the girl that ordered the dress in the incorrect size, i had to look up their names bc i forgot) supposed to be like her worst enemies??
we're at chapter 87 and the only revenge has been:
zhu yao = getting kind of humiliated (i feel the word "humiliated" is too strong tho) a few times and hearing huo mingchen say he prefers nan yun
huo mingchen = being suspected of killing commoners but getting out of it and nan yun telling him she hates him
and i guess them getting engaged? dont remember if that was part of the punishment they got

i kept reading it bc i love reincarnation/time travel plots and i was kinda curious about what would she do to get revenge but at this point im pretty disappointed
some comments:
1) there's not a good balance between comedy/drama: the constant gags just get in the way of the development of the characters and the drama of the story (for example, when zhu yao got in the way of the bestowal of marriage, or the whole fight with the spy that was drugging nan yun's dad)
2) no chemistry between main couple: i dont know if it's just me but the interactions between nan yun and yan zechen (ML) never seemed romantic to me. i guess you could see it as them being comfortable with each other, but their relationship seem to barely be at "we're getting along better now" and definitely not at the point of confessing and saying "im the one who loves you the most in the world". just because they have a 3-line blush in a couple of scenes doesnt mean they're suddenly in love if you dont actually develop the relationship (again, the jokes getting in the way of development)
3) nan yun is kind of cold sometimes but im not really seeing the bloody part of her title. she says she wants to make them pay but like i said, she's barely done anything and it wasnt even that harsh compared to what they did to her

the plot is kind of a mess
and after reading some spoilers, i dont think it's gonna get better any time soon
, so yeah im probably dropping it too

tl;dr: if you want to read a good reincarnation revenge story go read The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage. it's not perfect but it's definitely better

BTW JUST TO BE CLEAR: im not shitting on shadowmadness for translating it (thanks for all your hard work btw), the story is just not what i expected and i needed to get it out, sorry for the rant

this is the first time i've read a manhwa where the mc goes back in time & as well as having a character from modern times reincarnate into the same time period......lets see how this goes

got real excited for a moment thinking there was going to be a cannibal cult subplot... Looks like it was just a typical assassination/kidnap scheme though.

This is a revenge story that focus in everything but the revenge part. It started good but went nowhere really fast

its a good thing I dropped this really quickly after seeing spoilers of the novel. Considering how horrible the plot is after hearing of it i wonder how it even got popular enough to get a manga in the first place... This story is becoming like the og immortal demon way lol and thats not even because the author had to do fanservice, this author is just horrible at writing a cohesive story.

@bluedice
Thanks for your comment. Really saved me from wasting my time on this. And I agree, The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage is really really good. I have reread the story 3 times now. Its amazing. I would be great if they made it into a manhua (with good art for gods sake), I'll read the hell out of it

Already at chapter 101 and nothing happened yet?! What kind of revenge story is this? And the chapters are way too short and end abruptly each time. The art isn't that extra too. I'm dropping this. I can't anymore. To future may be readers: don't bother with this one.

@Zylith it's kind of messy bc i wrote it in a rush haha but im glad it helped!
a manhua of malicious empress would be AMAZING (god please it deserves good art), i really hope they do it at some point

Group Leader
Oh thank god. I was afraid our heroine had fallen for lavender-hair’s innocent routine.

What??!! DKFHKJDFH This is getting more interesting? :eek: Thank you for translating!!! <3

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone know a similar manga to this one and the Dutchess with an Empty Soul?

Sadly I have to agree with most of the comments here. This one had a great start for revenge, but it suffers the same sloppy dragged out process that diverts from the main plot with extreamly short reading panels. One or two twist are fine, but it takes 10+ chapters just to get over that hurdle.
We still get tiny bits of the original plot once in a while, but where is that villain now? Practically doesn't exist anymore. It's turned from getting revenge to all about how much value the main characters family brings. This is annoying. A literal face slap of frustration. New characters are nice and all, but get to the point quicker please.
Sorry but I dropping this now to. It's so dragged out that I have lost all interest in this one.

enjoyed it till it hit around chapter 90, dropped and went to a 4 from 9 for me. RIP one of my favorites

Users who are viewing this thread